My scenery order was jammed after running ACE

Hi,

I am facing a strange situation and cannot solve it, even if I was gathering info over forums...

After running ACE (following airport addition) last week, I discovered today that some sceneries were duplicated and few positioned at the top priority (in yellow in the below pix):

KZ1yEc3.png

Usually the libraries are placed below and OPENLC should be together.

So I decide to move all down and came up with this order:

RvEVNmC.jpg

As you can see 3 OPENLC (in yellow above 147-153-164) are duplicated and located somewhere else that the rest of the items...

The 2 library files in Prio 149 and 150 were put lower by myself initially but, after running AEC again, they were put at this position.

At the end, despite my reorder and the twice AEC runs, the scenery still is jammed and I can trees in the tarmac of an airport that is not duplicated in my list of airfields...

Could you please advise the proper locations for the items that you can see, especially the libraries...

Thanks in advance

Bruno

Hi Doug, me again,

I did not find a good reference list to position the sceneries in priority... I know that LC are below FTX but where should I put the 2 new libraries (lines 149 and 150) ?

Have you a good link where I could find the proper scenery order?

Cheers

Hi Bruno

I see they are duplicated at the #1 and #2 positions?

The Orbx Libraries should not be installed as shown in your file structure. Your E:\SCENES P3DV4\ORBX\P3DV4\ folder, did you create this on another drive? Or is this folder structure inside your sim root folder?

I would uninstall the Orbx Libraries using Orbx Central.

Then delete them from your E:\SCENES P3DV4\ORBX\P3DV4\ folder.

Then using Orbx Central, reinstall the Orbx Libraries to ORBX folder found in the simulator root folder. 

The correct path to the Orbx Libraries should be P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS.

Then they should be located at the top of your FTX entries in your scenery library.

I would then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Hello,

I did uninstalled all my ORBX sceneries using Orbx Central and proceeded to reinstall after setting up the insertion point below my latest addons.

All my sceneries are in E:\Scenes P3Dv4\ORBX

fLea28E.png

And I end up with this...

Ddk5ylq.png

------

e6wZoML.png

Really don't understand !

And also that :

ggIqUn4.png

I am flying above the water !!! Where has it gone ?

Last question, when I want to install Global Lights, I have this error:

SJoi5L6.png

Hi Bruno

I see your insertion points are not set correctly. Maybe the scenery manager you are using is causing you problems, I do not use one.

Please post a copy of your “scenery.cfg” file and the “add-ons.cfg” and the “scenery_add-ons.xml” file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

The lights configurator is no longer a stand alone product, it is included with Global Base and can be found in the Global base control panel.

My scenery manager is SimStarter NG.

Please find files here

EDIT: I just noticed by chance that my previous setup using a tool (forgot the name) to mirror the Orbx to another HD is still there despite I directed my library to my HDD E:... Maybe this detail may help :(

And perhaps the 3 files OLC__EU1, OLC__NA1 and OLC__AA come from there...

Hi Bruno

Your insertion points are not correct. Your Global base install needs to show below your last non Orbx third party addon, not at the top of your scenery library..

The Orbx Libraries need to be installed to the simulator root folder, not where they currently are. So please uninstall them and reinstall them to the root simulator ORBX folder.

For now for those having issues such as you, 

All of the Global and OpenLC products Including Vector and the Orbx Libraries should be installed into the simulator root ORBX folder for best results, not a library folder separate from the simulator.

Then make sure Objectflow is installed and that there is only one instance of it as per the below topic.

I would then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Now I am totally puzzled and need some clarification. Doug said " All of the Global and OpenLC products Including Vector and the Orbx Libraries should be installed into the simulator root ORBX folder for best results, not a library folder separate from the simulator." 

I have installed all my ORBX products with ORBX Central to my main library OUTSIDE the P3D root folder. I do not have an ORBX folder in the P3D root!! So do you mean I have to uninstall Global and Open LC products and Vector from my main library and reinstall them into an ORBX library in the P3D root? I have NO problems with my ORBX sceneries  or P3D so I do not really understand your answer Doug!

Jack

Archived