EGLC not displaying at all

Miesek

I am no longer displaying EGLC, see the attached error messages. I have checked my custom scenery_packs.ini file for completeness, I verified the downloaded and installed files, I made sure I am on the right X-Plane version as I have three in total. In settings I confirmed to let ORBX assume the listing order in scenery.ini, but there seems to be a conflict as ORBX always puts the file on the top of scenery.ini. I am thrown off by the fact that it keeps saying im missing additional libraries, while the verification of files checks out as good.  Also duplicate symbolic links of the orbxfiles were deleted by me, so the included sample of the scenery_packs.ini file is the current one.

I cannot get EGLC displayed at all and have no idea what else to check for.

EGLC.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

Your scenery_packs.ini is a mess. You have the whole of TEGB series above Global Airports which will block out all below it, SFD Global above Global Airports etc. I have moved only Orbx addons to their correct position. The non Orbx addons need to be correctly placed by you due to the extensive nature of the .ini.

The rule of thumb for the layering sequence from top down is:

3rd party airports

Global Airports

Scenery enhancement addons like X-Europe, SFD Global, VFR landmarks/objects, Japan Pro, Cityscape type addons like Paris, City X etc

Libraries

Ortho overlay (NPN Orbx like Ortho4xp created Overlay files)

Ortho imagery(NON Orbx like Ortho4XP)

3rd party mesh, like UHD Mesh 

You are also going to get clashes of addons, for example you have EGLC Canary Wharf plus London Landmarks plus Orbx EGLC plus TEGB South coverage for the same area near Canary Wharf and EGLC. So in the attached rearranged (Orbx addons only) I have moved the addon EGLC Canary Wharf away from the Orbx EGLC and TEGB South. TEGB South is designed to work with Laminar's London Landmarks.

scenery_packs.ini

15 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

Your scenery_packs.ini is a mess. You have the whole of TEGB series above Global Airports which will block out all below it, SFD Global above Global Airports etc. I have moved only Orbx addons to their correct position. The non Orbx addons need to be correctly placed by you due to the extensive nature of the .ini.

The rule of thumb for the layering sequence from top down is:

3rd party airports

Global Airports

Scenery enhancement addons like X-Europe, SFD Global, VFR landmarks/objects, Japan Pro, Cityscape type addons like Paris, City X etc

Libraries

Ortho overlay (NPN Orbx like Ortho4xp created Overlay files)

Ortho imagery(NON Orbx like Ortho4XP)

3rd party mesh, like UHD Mesh 

You are also going to get clashes of addons, for example you have EGLC Canary Wharf plus London Landmarks plus Orbx EGLC plus TEGB South coverage for the same area near Canary Wharf and EGLC. So in the attached rearranged (Orbx addons only) I have moved the addon EGLC Canary Wharf away from the Orbx EGLC and TEGB South. TEGB South is designed to work with Laminar's London Landmarks.

scenery_packs.ini 97.38 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you for your analysis. I figured it would be a mess, since I have reinstalled TEGB sceneries, orbx libraries and sceneries and have not made an effort to sort them manually in my previous attachment. I generally follow the prescribed scenery order. But since orbx central says it is making the correct entries in the scenery_packs.ini file I made no alterations to it. The former EGLC Canary Wharf scenery I have now deleted and attached the new scenery_packs.ini file as well as the log.txt file. However having rearranged everything in the right order I am still getting the message of missing libraries in the context of EGLC and EGHI sceneries. So one more attempt in the hope I have missed something obvious. Alternative I might need to go for a clean install of all affected ORBX sceneries.  

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

I have done that already, I uninstalled and reinstalled the libraries several times to no avail. Rather than having central do the placement of entries in scenery_packs.ini I will do that myself now and see if this works. What really throws me off is the fact that not too long ago it was all fine.

Attached is a screenshot of the log.txt from X-Plane, where it says certain objects could not be found that were referenced from the EGLC scenery. In the orbxlibs library the object are there though. The problematic objects mostly stem from NoAO vehicle objects and some vegetation objects. Because of it the dsf file could not be loaded. I re-installed both library and scenery and verified all of these including TEGB South, and I am still getting the same error over and over again. This does not occur in other ORBX sceneries like Monument valley or TEWashington, so it must be a problem with the EGLC scenery. I am attaching the latest scenery pack file, because I cannot see anything wrong with it maybe being blind to something obvious.

orbxlibs.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

OK I see no problem with the scenery_packs.ini as far as Orbx addons are concerned. Please confirm that you have Verified files for TEGB South, EGLC and Orbx Libs. I need your latest confirmation so that the Orbx central team can review this topic.

I therefore want you to also attach your Orbx Central log file which is in Users/your name/AppData/roaming/Orbx/Central.

I also ask @Nick Cooper to forward this post to the Orbx Central team for their review of the conversation to date, submitted Log and scenery pack files etc.

42 minutes ago, Jon Clarke said:

OK I see no problem with the scenery_packs.ini as far as Orbx addons are concerned. Please confirm that you have Verified files for TEGB South, EGLC and Orbx Libs. I need your latest confirmation so that the Orbx central team can review this topic.

I therefore want you to also attach your Orbx Central log file which is in Users/your name/AppData/roaming/Orbx/Central.

I also ask @Nick Cooper to forward this post to the Orbx Central team for their review of the conversation to date, submitted Log and scenery pack files etc.

central.log

On 1/18/2020 at 11:45 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

as the files are there but X Plane 11 does not see them, the problem seems to be with the link between

where you have placed your Orbx Central Library and your Custom Scenery folder.

Just like the majority of my files EGLC is symbolically linked to an external hard drive, which so far has worked for all my files. EGLC also correctly points to the central library for ORBX as does orbxlibs. Even the library objects are there, that X-Plane  does not seem to find. As I also have Cardiff which works fine it is rather strange why EGLC causes these problems. Isn't there some kind of rescue file that would still get library to load, despite not finding some objects?

Edit: I looked into the object file in orbxlibs and found there is a texture file missing, which is also named in the log.txt file of X-plane. This probably is the case for all the other object files in the library, which means the verification and download from ORBX via orbxcentral did not pull the entire data, despite having uninstalled the library several times and having verified and reinstalled the library several times. Maybe the ORBX team needs to check the consistency of the library that it provides for download

1 hour ago, Miesek said:

Just like the majority of my files EGLC is symbolically linked to an external hard drive, which so far has worked for all my files. EGLC also correctly points to the central library for ORBX as does orbxlibs. Even the library objects are there, that X-Plane  does not seem to find. As I also have Cardiff which works fine it is rather strange why EGLC causes these problems. Isn't there some kind of rescue file that would still get library to load, despite not finding some objects?

Edit: I looked into the object file in orbxlibs and found there is a texture file missing, which is also named in the log.txt file of X-plane. This probably is the case for all the other object files in the library, which means the verification and download from ORBX via orbxcentral did not pull the entire data, despite having uninstalled the library several times and having verified and reinstalled the library several times. Maybe the ORBX team needs to check the consistency of the library that it provides for download

Edit: The texture file in the orbxlibsXP are complete after all but they still won't load. I completely pruned my custom scenery folder to the only necessary files for the inspection and reran X-plane with the same results, see attached log.txt and scenery pack file.

Log.txt scenery_packs.ini

1 hour ago, Miesek said:

Edit: The texture file in the orbxlibsXP are complete after all but they still won't load. I completely pruned my custom scenery folder to the only necessary files for the inspection and reran X-plane with the same results, see attached log.txt and scenery pack file.

Log.txt 185.95 kB · 0 downloads scenery_packs.ini 4.33 kB · 0 downloads

I have successfully loaded all other airports I own from ORBX, with a minor exception of EGHI which has some issues as well, but still loads and looks normal. So boiling it down, there seems to be a problem only with London City only. What do you suggest I should do next, having already re-installed that scenery at least twice in the central ORBX library?

28 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

it seems that your simulator still cannot see the files.

You might try uninstalling both the airport and the Orbx Libraries and install them

instead into the Custom Scenery folder.

I agree, this seems to be the next logical step. Pre-orbxcentral 4.0 my airport sceneries were manually installed, which for some reason as stated on the orbxcentral site should stay manually installed rather than moved over to a central library. I can do this with the airports as they are not critical in size to my installed drive. It would be different story with TE scenery, but they fortunately work.

Update: Now, that I have deleted both EGLC scenery and orblibsxp library and reinstalled them outside the central library and directly in x-plane 11 custom scenery everything seems to work. I am not sure if this is the way it was supposed to work especially due to the fact that other orbx sceneries and TrueEarth sceneries work from central library perfectly well. Maybe something to look at by the developers. For hardware space reasons I's much rather keep my sceneries installed on an external drive and I wonder how updates to the sceneries will be treated by orbxcentral.

Archived