cavesorg

cavesorg

Please help with a stupid question.

I have bought and installed the Washington Enhancement pack for XP11. Originally I set it on the lower resolution. I would now like to try the higher resolution setting (I think I have the hardware necessary) but I cannot find the Control Panel to change the setting.

Can anyone help please.

I see that now. I need to find out what has happened to all the other options. @Nick Cooper Please confirm if you too have the limited options only. Thanks.

@Ben McClintock The options for choosing various visual enhancements have all disappeared and now only the option to choose is default or transparent roads. No choice of 512 or 1024 autogen & buildings, nor 512 or 2048 textures for Terra Flora. Please check this out as the options now do not meet the same options that appear in the narrative pictured below:

Capture.JPG.64b3a87fc012bea4a5a8c16ed15f2457.JPG

Hello Jon,

yes, I see two options.

Having never visited the control panel before, I cannot comment on what was there.

However, I do see a control panel xml file with two options and control_panel_enhancement.xml,

containing all the options.

Evidently, Orbx Central cannot see it.

Also I see a folder named TrueEarth US Washington Enhancement Pack in my X Plane 11

Orbx Central Library but there is nothing inside it.

The Enhanced Control panel is inside the Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom

folder alongside the previous simple version.

If the simple version is disabled and the control_panel_enhancement.xml is renamed to

control panel.xml, then the complex control panel is shown but not all settings work.

This would appear to be because all the folder versions of all the options are present at the same time,

something that disables all Orbx control panels.

The usual solution is to delete all the options' folders and then run verify files.

I have done that and run Verify files for BOTH Washington HD and the enhancement pack.

Then delete the control panel.xml file and rename control_panel_enhancement.xml to control panel.xml.

You will then see all the options in the control panel and be able to select them.

You might like to try the investigation yourself.

Hi Jon

Thanks for all your help. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. I have verified both Washington and the Enhancement Pack, have deleted the control panel files and replaced them with a new control_panel.xml file as suggested. All I get is the option of selecting default or transparent roads-as before. If the problem will be addressed in the next update, perhaps I should leave it until then rather than troubling you again.

Archived