Orbx poor graphics

rondaw

HI: I thought I had resolved this issue but to no avail. I have purchased Australia V2 & Melbourne (YMML) airport. I like to fly airliners & I can't resolve the issue of the scenery showing large amounts of lakes & seas that do not exist. There are large land areas that don't even show the scenery even when not displaying water. It appears that the program is not refreshing anywhere quickly enough. I am using FSX SE. I have purchased GSX 2 and the 2 above products from you. MY computor is new & I have re-formatted it. It is a Acer Intell(r) core i7_9700CPU 3 GHZ 8cpu & 16384 memory. It has a 2tb hard drive which basically only contains the above programs. I am not all that technically minded, but not that ignorant either. Prior to installing GSX it appeared to be working fine. Everything I have read indicates that the 2 are compatible in windows 10. I am stumped. I hope you are able to assist

Ron

Hi Nick. Thank you for this and I followed the instructions exactly. I did get an improvement, but now the water scenes are replaced by blank brown areas and distorted scenery. The nearby ocean is brown as well, but in the distance is blue.  I feel about a 20% improvement. I'm hoping you are able to assist me further.

Regards Ron

Hi Nick. Thank you for this and I followed the instructions exactly. I did get an improvement, but now the water scenes are replaced by blank brown areas and distorted scenery. The nearby ocean is brown as well, but in the distance is blue.  I feel about a 20% improvement. I'm hoping you are able to assist me further.

Regards Ron

Hi Nick. I just repeated the whole process. I'm assuming you are referring to the Terrain config file or the terrain.cfg backup-orbx. In any event I did both & synchronised in ORBX central. I restarted FSX & it has reverted to the original problem as described in my first message. I am running FSX steam

Hi again.

I had to verify & update the files in FSXSE. After I did this, The original issues returned. I followed all your previous steps, but I can't remember the path to where the lclookup.bgl file is to be placed. I did it ok last time & I know you said scenery\base\scenery but I have forgotten how I did it. Would you mind giving me the exact path to to it's location. I'll give it one more try.

Regards. Ron

One last question as an ignoramus. Is the" FSX root folder" the one in program data files/microsoft/fsx  or the Program files (86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx. I can't find "scenery\base\scenery" in either.

Regards Ron

1 hour ago, rondaw said:

One last question as an ignoramus. Is the" FSX root folder" the one in program data files/microsoft/fsx  or the Program files (86)\steam\steamapps\common\fsx. I can't find "scenery\base\scenery" in either.

Regards Ron

Hi Ron,

Your FSX root folder means the "main" FSX program folder, as in the one that contains all the scenery, aircraft, the FSX.exe file etc.  The path for my "scenery/BASE/Scenery" folder is:

"E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\BASE\Scenery"

Yours should be the same, from the "steamapps" folder onwards.  Make sure your folders and files are listed alphabetically by clicking on the "Name" tab.

c2jHLyo.jpg

Cheers,

Archived