Stuck Download

AlN

On my Orbx Central under My Products Misc category is a program called MilVis MVAMS. I tried to download and install it however, it seems to be stuck at 70% and it will not finish or let me cancel the installation.

Every time I start Orbx Central it goes right back to this stuck download and renders Orbx Central useless.

How can I cancel this installation?

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system: Windows 7

Simulator: Prepar3d v4

Screenshot:  

Issue:Orbx Central stuck download

3 hours ago, AlN said:

On my Orbx Central under My Products Misc category is a program called MilVis MVAMS. I tried to download and install it however, it seems to be stuck at 70% and it will not finish or let me cancel the installation.

Every time I start Orbx Central it goes right back to this stuck download and renders Orbx Central useless.

How can I cancel this installation?

Operating system: Windows 7

Simulator: Prepar3d v4

Screenshot:  

Issue:Orbx Central stuck download

central.log

I tried settings/downloader and clear the temp folder and tried again, but no result.

Some details for my problem:

I have the Milviz Otter from Simmarket so I already have Milviz MVAS installed and a shortcut in desktop.

I have Orbx Central 4.0.33 installed and recently bought via Orbx the F-86 Sabre.

When I started to install the F-86 Sabre via Orbx Central I got two download files: MVAS started first and F-86 Sabre was in queue.

After Finalizing and Cleaning up the MVAS files stuck at 35%.

From that moment Orbx Central did not function anymore and resumes downloading as soon as I start Orbx Central again.

My transaction ID: 5e15f86a68fb5

I hope someone will have a solution for us.

Regards,

F van Weely

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @AlN,

MVAMS is a prerequisite program for other MilViz products. If you don't own any MilViz products you shouldn't need to install this.

I started Orbx Central again, went to Settings-downloader Temporary Location and click clear, no reaction but the is Size 0B, so it seems the Temporary Location is cleared. The stuck download is still stuck on 35%.

I tried to find C:Users\FVANWE~\AppData\Temp\Orbx\temp on my computer, but no results.

Do you tell me that I have to uninstall Orbx Central completely and reinstall Orbx Central again?

transaction ID: 5e15f86a68fb5

In that case, as suspected by Josh, you are not closing Orbx Central but minimising it to the taskbar.

You should be able to visit your taskbar and close it from there.

There are settings in Orbx Central which allow you to close the program instead of minimising it.

You should set them like this:

6.jpg

Then please carry out all the troubleshooting suggestions that you have been given.

Thanks.

Hello Nick,

First of all thanks for your quick reaction.

I followed your suggestions.

I could delete the Orbx files for Orbx central. I uninstalled Orbx Central completely and reinstalled Orbx Central again.

But when I logged in the situation was the same, download of MVAS was stuck at 35%. The F-86 Sabre was in queue.

When I tried to verify files of Ireland (because I have some texture morphing there) to check if the other functions of Orbx Central did work, it also came in queue.

Archived