ORBX True Earth Great Britain South for P3D v4

Hi Folks

Happy New Year to all,

I'm having problems with ORBX True Earth Great Britain South, and with True Earth Great Britain North, both for P3Dv4.

My P3D v4 is installed on a dedicated drive. My PC is i7 CPU 3.70 GHz, nVidia GeForce GTX1080, Windows 10 O.S. and the Flight sim is installed on Drive F, with  Drive C containing REX Programs, Flight 1 and PRO-ATC-X

ORBX CENTRAL is  v 4.0.33

My ORBX Programs which are all "Up to date" and "Verified", are:-

Global Base Pack, Trees HD, Vector 1.4.3, openLC Europe, openLC North America, Libraries, 1.9.6.2

Europe Regions, EU Scotland, EU England, TrueEarth Great Britain North, TrueEarth Great Britain South.

Europe Airport, EGPH Edinburgh

North America Regions,Northern California, Southern California.

North America Cities Honolulu.

ORBX is operating very satisfactorily in North America. However TE Great Britain South and TE Great Britain North are not unfortunately.

I have attached screenshots taken after take off from EGLC, the first of which shows the Millenium Dome like a "flat" drawing. Other well known buildings are missing, e.g. The Houses of Parliament. Many roads are green in colour and are not clearly delineated. The same applies to railway tracks.

In TE Great Britain North, Edinburgh Castle is flat( same as Millenium Dome). Forth Bridges have disappeared.

I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards

Andy

Houses of Parliament missing or prorogued.png

The Shard, Gherkin and HMS Belfast and others missing.png

Millenium Dome.png

Admiralty Arch and Nelsons Column.png

Railway lines from Waterloo all green.png

Hello,

I believe that the problem is caused by having your documents folder on the One Drive,

which is not on your PC at all but in a "Cloud", I understand.

No real idea what that means either. 

Perhaps the best thing to do is to delete that folder and use Orbx Central instead.

It does not install to that location at all.

Hello,

I understand the "Cloud" concept, as I used one a few years ago to upload musical performances.

One Drive seemingly comes with Windows 10. According to what I've read about it,after receiving your post, it can be Disabled or Uninstalled. I'll do that and see how it goes.

Thank you and Gerard for your help.

Kind regards

Andy

Hello Nick,

I did as you suggested, and deleted the documents folder. I don't really know what happened, but FTX Central v 4.0.33 and a lot of non sim files ended up in the Recycle Bin.

I restored the non sim stuff, and as FTX Central v3.3.9.2 was on the Desktop, I "Ran it as Administrator" for a trial flight of TE South, and all the POI, i.e. the Millenium Dome, Houses of Parliament etc were there in 3D.

I then installed FTX Central v4.0.33, but this time the Millenium Dome, Parliament, Gherkin were flat or missing. I then decided to use the FTX Migrate to Library option, and now everything in TE GB North and TE GB South is working. Buildings are visible, railway lines and roads are clearly delineated and not green.

Would it be the case that, because the TE GB North and South folders were originally in the F Drive with P3Dv4, and not on the C Drive, where ORBX would "see" them, that  I've had this problem?

Kind regards

Andy

Archived