XP11 True Earth GB Central installation causes blue screen

clerkkid

Have tried installing XP 11 True Earth GB Central several times and each time it causes a blue screen shut down of my PC. After I couldn't get the auto install to work I downloaded the zip file and have been attempting the manual install. Once it got to converted 5088/7186 before going blue screen. Another time 6456/7186, and finally 3073/7186. I have been able to install the other two XP11 True Earth GB areas. The attached document shows the information displayed on restarting the computer after each blue screen. I can forward the DMP files mentioned under "Files that help describe the problem" although the XML files seem to have disappeared.

My order number is 5cefe016b680c.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

XP11 TE GB Central bluescreen errors.txt

That sounds like a PC instability problem. If you overclock your PC try booting it to default settings until you finish the install, then revert back to your normal settings afterwards. The conversion step of the install process will use every bit of processor performance you have and if you have problems somewhere like overheating or the wrong voltage settings then you'll get a blue screen of death.

Hi!

Andy's suggestion is correct, this is likely an unstable overclock. The conversion process is CPU-intensive and can take a few hours in some cases, therefore it is important that your CPU overclock is stable and it has sufficient cooling. Is your CPU over-clocked, and if so, can you reduce the overclock and try again?

Thanks very much guys. Apologies for the delay in replying. Have been tied up with work things.

Is the attached file the log you wanted to see?

Will try using the default settings when I have time but if you have any other suggestions based on the attached, please let me know. 

central.log

Archived