Problems with ORBX Central 4.0.33

Hi!

I would like to briefly describe a problem I have with the ORBX Central. It is about my own sceneries but also sceneries from third party manufacturers, it is freeware as well as payware sceneries.

Every time I start "Verify Files" or the synchronization, the Central changes the add-ons.xml of these sceneries. Suddenly there are new layer entries, so that all of these sceneries are unusable because there are errors in the scenerie. But it is particularly bad that changing the add-ons.xml changes the "Simobjects"-Category to the "Autogen"-Category, which is of course wrong. As a result, there are no more sim objects in these sceneries - no avatars, no windsocks and no wind turbines. It then always takes an enormous effort to restore the backups of the add-ons.xml's created by the Central to their original state.

My System

Windows 10 Home 64bit

P3Dv4.5 Hotfix2

ORBX Central 4.0.33

Example Sceneries
Mülheim Ruhr X
EDGT Bottenhorn
EDRN Nannhausen

All Aerosoft Sceneries
EDDH Hamburg prof
Approaching Dortmund
EDDF Frankfurt prof etc

Several Freeware Sceneries
UGMS - Mestia
HAAB Addis Ababa
Nosy-Be etc

The question is, how can I get this resolved without reinstalling everything. I already thought of uninstalling the ORBX Central and deleting all folders under roaming and then completely reinstalling the ORBX Central. It may well be that there are still old ini files or other disruptive files under Roaming/ORBX. So far I have not dared to take this step because I do not know whether this can be done without major consequences.

The Central.log is attached (central_log.zip) here the folder where the LOG file is located:

orbx_central_location.thumb.jpg.aee75b0219985178a36f834f8a6fb6ee.jpg

Hi Christian,

Suddenly there are new layer entries, so that all of these sceneries are unusable because there are errors in the scenerie

Central needs to change the layering of those scenery entries so that our scenery will appear in the correct place. For example, say you have one of Aerosoft's German airports installed, then you install one of our German regions. The Aerosoft airport will be below the region, and won't display correctly. It is because of this limitation with the add-on package system (and the fact that we need to also support sceneries installed to scenery.cfg) that we need to adjust the layering of all add-on packages.

When you run "verify flies" or "sync simulator", Central will layer all scenery.cfg and add-on.xml packages based on the setting you have set in Central -> Settings -> Insertion Point.

If you don't want the add-on.xml packages to be modified, you can enable "legacy layering" in the insertion point settings.

But it is particularly bad that changing the add-ons.xml changes the "Simobjects"-Category to the "Autogen"-Category, which is of course wrong

This shouldn't be happening. Can you please upload the add-on.xml files that cause Central to incorrectly categorise SimObjects? 

Hi Ben!

It looks like the problem is solved. As you mentioned, I checked Legacy Layering. In fact, the add-ons.xml now all remain unchanged when I start Verify Files and/or the synchronization. Small cause big effect, thank you for your great support :)

Happy New Year everyone!

Christian

PS: An add-ons.xml modified by the Central can no longer deliver, I always put it in its original state. But there is definitely a bug in the Central that swaps the "Simobjects" and "Autogen" categories!

6 hours ago, Christian Bahr said:

PS: An add-ons.xml modified by the Central can no longer deliver, I always put it in its original state. But there is definitely a bug in the Central that swaps the "Simobjects" and "Autogen" categories!

Can you please send the original add-on.xml files? Otherwise we will never be able to fix that bug (and legacy layering won't be around forever ;) )

20 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Can you please send the original add-on.xml files? Otherwise we will never be able to fix that bug (and legacy layering won't be around forever ;) )

With pleasure :)

All add-on.xml of all sceneries (7 pieces) are attached. The sceneries with the category "Simobjects" are:

Bottenhorn, Jena City, Mulheim Ruhr X, Nannhausen, Oppenheim, Approaching Dortmund

Bahrometrix XML Files.zip

approaching_dortmund.zip

Hi Christian,

Thank you for sending those files.

I have found an issue in our code that would cause an add-on.xml component to incorrectly be set as autogen or scenery. We will update Central soon to resolve this issue.

As a workaround, you can change your category element from "Simobjects" to "SimObjects" (uppercase O). Our category parser is currently case sensitive, but we will adjust that.

Archived