Suggestion for black patches in ORBX scenery

Fludo94

Hi,

After days of trial and error I have managed to get rid of the black patches around the scenery, I'd like to share how in case anyone sees himself in the same situation.

In my case, I only saw those around Nevada area (not sure why), many of them and with different patterns, if I disabled North America Open LC I was not seeing them anymore but once I enabled it back it was there.

I tried veryfing files for all my ORBX sceneries and full reinstall of all the Global products, checked the scenery library order, insertion points, synced with the sim through ORBX Central, none of this had any positive effect.

I really wanted to use the FlyTampa KLAS scenery (also reinstalled many times to try and fix the patches) and was getting a little desperate. So, after runing out of ideas, I tried to think about what could have caused that as I had it working fine no more than a week ago.

The answer is, "Autogen Configuration Merger", I installed a scenery which had this tool a week ago and after uninstalling it, no more black patches, everything looks great now.

I am not an expert so I have no idea how a scenery in Brasil can affect an area in Nevada but it did, probably a compatibily issue between ORBX and the mentioned tool.

I don't dare install any scenery which has the tool now as this took me so many hours to figure out but I hope it could be fixed as I would also like to enjoy the other sceneries.

I hope this can be of some help for someone. :)

Hi

Try with all of the Global and OpenLC products and the Orbx Libraries installed into the simulator root folder, not a library folder separate from the simulator.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date, and I would do a verify files of them from within Orbx Central.

I would then go to settings/help and run the Sync Simulator function.

Then you can go to settings/Insertion Point and set them like this.

Ensure all of your 3rd party non Orbx addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in Orbx Central Insertion points "Orbx Airports and Regions”, put your last non Orbx 3rd party listed in your scenery library addon in the INSERTED BELOW window.

Then for the "Orbx Global openLC” ensure the Orbx Airports and Regions are in the INSERTED BELOW window.

• 5 months later...

I'm now having a similar problem.Just built a whole new computer last week for MFS 2020 and after installing twice this week cause the 1st install had problems as soon as I added 3rd party scenery.Only Added Orbx scenery and a bunch of aircraft and now I have Black blanked out scenery squares.At this time Terraflora v2 and ObjectFlow will not load into my Prepard3d v4.5..only to an outside folder.Have tried manually placing them into Orbx root folder in Going to try a 3RD time to un install everything and load 1 thing at a time.

Hello,

by far the most common cause of this is the installation of Orbx products without the

necessary changes being made to the terrain.cfg file, but more importantly, the lclookup.bgl file.

The lclookup.bgl file determines what textures should be loaded and if it does not contain the

Orbx definitions, then it does not load the correct textures.

The most obvious anomaly is night textures during the day and vice versa.

This is probably what you are seeing.

Since this rather old topic, I have created a troubleshooting topic, which you might like to try.

Hi again Nick.Followed the steps to the letter for above..Neither worked..I've installed 3 or so full installs of everything and un installed it all...Total new install 4 to 5 hours ago.Only Prepar3d v4.5 and Orbx Libraries,Base Pack,Buildings HD,TreesHD and AU Aust V2.nothing else.As per the picture below black/night tiles..Uninstalled all but Libraries and base pack and it was back to OK.Added Buildings and Trees and OK.Added Aust V2 and the tiles are back.Frustrating to say the least.Oh well.

2020-6-6_21-55-50-814.jpg

Well it's nearly 11.45 pm here in Sydney,Aust.Been at this sim all day with installs etc.Think i'll call it a day.Keep trying tomorrow.Cheers Nick for the help.I'll try any other suggestions you may have I think tomorrow now.Cheers.

Ah I think I have found the problem.Had a file in the sim from fly Tampa Sydney that I thought was deleted from last full install.I deleted that and now no more tile..Bummer cause Tampa Syd is a good airport..But Orbx is good now.

Archived