Problem-downloading Oregon HD?

AlfaRome

I cannot load completely download the Oregon HD.  The downloading stopped at about 23%.  Seems when the downloading started doing the "extracted to converted" it stalled with none of that process beginning. I Did not have a problem downloading the SD Oregon version, but trying to download the HD version of Oregon has not worked.  I stopped the downloading by turning off the computer and starting it up again.  Went to the ORBX site to restart the process of downloading, but this did not work.  Any ideas?  I have plenty of available space for downloading too.  

7 hours ago, AlfaRome said:

I cannot load completely download the Oregon HD.  The downloading stopped at about 23%.  Seems when the downloading started doing the "extracted to converted" it stalled with none of that process beginning. I Did not have a problem downloading the SD Oregon version, but trying to download the HD version of Oregon has not worked.  I stopped the downloading by turning off the computer and starting it up again.  Went to the ORBX site to restart the process of downloading, but this did not work.  Any ideas?  I have plenty of available space for downloading too.  

I will ask @Nick Cooper to move this to the Orbx Central forum but in the meantime please attach your Orbx Central Log file which is located in

C:Users/your name/AppData/Roaming/Orbx/Central. It may provide the Central team with information as to what is happening.

You also need to ensure that your SD version is completely uninstalled as you know you cannot have both versions installed.

I think I found the problem.  I have a CPU that is pretty nice i5 CPU, but not an i7 CPU.  Looking over the HD requirement for Oregon it says "minimum requirements -- i7 CPU or higher".    The SD for Oregon requires only an i5 CPU.  Currently, I don't need an i7 to run XPlane well---may be someday.   Thanks for the suggested help, however.   

Soòoooòooo.....it seems I'm having the same problems here.......I have an i5 processor and its stopped downloading at 12%......and I have to restart my computer 3 time now on the past 7 hrs.... ..shud I have bought the sd version?????? It took 24 hrs to download and install Washington State......very very very slow downloads.......not impressed I tell you.

Regards

Paul egcc

72 hrs now I've been trying to install oregon, what a bloody nightmare this is turning into be, just gets stuck at 23%, 8%, 18%, restart, clear cache, do this , do that..  kin roll on..  . Not happy at all.. how do I get my money please..  ..18 bloody quid down the bloody grid.. ...never again. 

Hello Paul,

if you bought the HD version, you have the option to install the SD version if you wish.

The installation of the HD version can indeed take a very long time and it also makes the PC work very hard,

sometimes exposing weaknesses that do not appear in day to day use. 

Hi Nick, you are very right in saying that, it's been freezing my pc up more than once, anyway I've cleared out the cache again etc and I've started a new download this morning and after 3hrs it had downloaded all the files so it was about to start extracting them as I left to go out for the afternoon, hopefully when I return home at teatime it will have installed. Many thanks for getting back to me. If it wont install I will download the SD version. 

Regards

Paul

Archived