Orbx re-setup after windows10 re-install

ampharoah

Hello,

Sadly, I recently had my Win10 OS become corrupted on my c: drive, which has forced me to re-install windows and regrettably trash most of my sim.

Thankfully, all of my downloaded Orbx scenery resides on my PC's drive D: in a folder called ORBX, so was not trashed when the c: drive was wiped.

I have downloaded and re-installed ORBX Central onto my new fresh Win10 c: drive, but don't know how to point Central to my other drive D and it's ORBX folder, so that it can discover all my ORBX scenery sitting there and thereby avoid having to re-downloading all my purchases again.

Could you advise please?

Thanks in anticipation

Andrew

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

To be honest I can recall, it was some time ago that I changed the location of my ORBX scenery to drive D and I cant recall how I did it.

Here is an image of the D drive folder. Dont know if this gives a clue? Its 642 GB in size, so I needed to move it away from my C drive !

4bb741b4-bd48-4282-a04c-379502611cf9 and 4f65935e-2a47-4af3-85d1-d4f035848f0d just contain lots of Winzip zip files

You can see that i have both P3D and XPlane.

Andrew

ORBX.jpg

Looking back at my notes, I may have used a program called 'Junction Link Magic'.

In C: \Program Files \Lockheed Martin \Prepar3Dv4, I created a 'Junction link on the ORBX Folder and linked this folder to the drive D ORBX folder shown above.

This displays the content shown in my attachment above, in the C: \Program Files \Lockheed Martin \Prepar3Dv4 \ORBX

Having repeated this process, Orbx Central is now showing all my Orbx scenery as installed.

In Orbx Central, under Settings, I've set my main Library as D: ORBX

Do you think all of the above will have solved my problem?

Andrew

Archived