Install from zip

gsumner

1.So I download TE GB south v2 zip from my account.

2.I choose install from zip.

3. It goes through the motions of unzipping . . .then starts to download the whole thing again.

Before anyone says it not actually downloading it again . . .  it is . . . I checking by disabling my network card and the install stopped. Can someone please enlighten me.

Thanks

Graham

Yes I understand Nick but the download speed was so slow using ORBX central it would mean leaving my computer on unattended which I try to avoid. I guess I may just have to bite the bullet I'll leave it to work it's magic. Download accelerators make several connections and download the zip file much quicker.

Graham

As the TrueEarth GB North and South download/installation was taking a stupidly long (6 hours plus) with FTX Central (latest version), I followed the manual download zip link. This displayed a File Open dialog and not a Folder Selection dialog. When I tried to enter a filename I got the error message that that file did not exist. I had to revert to the FTX Central method. Another day lost!!

This is a fault that I tried to raise a ticket to report. ORBX action required.

Hello,

support tickets will not elicit product support.

This is made abundantly clear in the sentences before and after the support ticket link.

For any account issues or payment support, please create a ticket. Do not use this for technical support related to products.

6 hours may well not be "stupidly long" dependent on internet speed, consumer demand and anti virus settings.

Since a downloaded product is in the form of a .c4 file, it should not be a surprise to see a "File Open" dialogue.

In this case, one should use the ""File Open" dialogue" to navigate to where one has downloaded the c4 file.

You cannot use FTX Central to install this product at all.

You log into your account using a browser and download it from there. Read my original post though. It will still download files. The central download speeds vary. I feel your pain but today seems faster. I guess try to download it overnight 

Graham

34 minutes ago, Scotflieger said:

I have a 20MB broadband but ORBX Central is only using less than 1MB. Last night I got to 80% download of a 23GB file before it crashed. A totally wasted day!!

Where then, tell me, is the link to download the product zip? 

Orbx Central has a built in download resume function.

I imagine that the slow speed that I also saw last evening were as a result of very high demand.

I was speaking to a friend of mine who has a 100 MB connection and we were both seeing 500 -700 kbps download speeds.

To avoid "wasted days", as there are now a great many products of this size, I set mine off to download and install overnight.

This has two benefits, I do not get frustrated when things are going slowly and no time is wasted, as I am asleep.

Have you tried to resume the download?

Thanks for the response. There was no resume option presented for the failed/stalled download.

Perhaps ORBX should consider mirror sites in UK to avoid linking to half way around the world. Maybe it was not wise to release 2 large much anticipated products on the same day along with a major update. I do normally schedule downloads for overnight and one of the new ones did complete by this morning. 

Archived