EGPH Performance/Shimmering Apron Textures

RichJ

Hi, I have purchased EGPH and compared to my other ORBX airport’s including EGLC I am disappointed with the performance. I experience awfully shimmery apron textures at night when illuminated by taxi lights. This is the only airport where I have this issue regardless of the aircraft being used. I am running 4K on a 1080ti, 8700K - AA is no issue anywhere else in the sim so I don’t think it’s an problem with that. I also experienced low FPS on approach but managed to gain performance back by renaming the peopleflow BGL to OFF as there is limited options to disable anything in FTX Central. I can cope without the peopleflow but the shimmering textures make me wish I had purchased Gothenburg or a couple of airports in the sale instead. I am surprised as all of my other ORBX airports really impress me with the quality and I was hoping EGPH would be no different. If there is no fix for the shimmering textures am I able to get the product refunded or exchanged for ESGG? 

Thanks

Hello Rich

I have just purchased that airport

rSsPGok.jpg

If you don't mind allow me so time to test it myself and I'll give you my feedback about its performace

Are your frame-rates locked to 30 or so? Or do you have them unlimited?

I used to have issues with cityscenes until I lower those. Worth trying

I'll let you know my experience

Cheers

Carlos

I am using the latest version of P3Dv4, my frames are locked at 30 as I run at 30hz refresh rate and my settings allow me to sustain 30fps in the fslabs a320 in all scenarios. I have no issue with performance anywhere else in the sim, even at EGLC in the A320. The main issue for me is the shimmering apron/ground textures at night when illuminated by taxi/landing lights which completely ruins the immersion. This is the only scenery where I experience this.

Thanks

On 12/17/2019 at 6:13 AM, RichJ said:

I am using the latest version of P3Dv4, my frames are locked at 30 as I run at 30hz refresh rate and my settings allow me to sustain 30fps in the fslabs a320 in all scenarios. I have no issue with performance anywhere else in the sim, even at EGLC in the A320. The main issue for me is the shimmering apron/ground textures at night when illuminated by taxi/landing lights which completely ruins the immersion. This is the only scenery where I experience this.

Thanks

im also getting the same issue

Archived