ESGG graphic artifacts on RWY, TWY during snowfall

Nexus82

Hello

Can anyone explain what is causing these graphic artifacts (rough edges) on the taxiway and runways when the terrain is "wet"?
Left side is "dry" winter, right side is snowfall using activesky, and as you can see the graphics really took a turn for the worse.
Is this supposed to happen or maybe I have a glitch on my end which I can correct (already tried default shaders, no luck!)

Thanks in advance

image.thumb.png.63aaf70c2978b9ae8f2ae7b3488503fa.png

I've not seen the ground get that bright in our testing when it's been raining & snowing, but in short you are basically seeing one of the rain & snow effects.

If you are using PTA you might wanna have a look that or the P3D Bloom or dynamic reflection settings.

However, it is more or less the snow & rain effect so if you prefer to turn it off navigate to ORBX/ESGG Gothenburg Landvetter Airport and in the scripts folder you will find two files named ESGG_PBR_Rain.lua and ESGG_PBR_Rain2.lua, just remove them and I think the effect should be removed.

Cheers,

Marcus

Actually, thinking about it you will still have different ground if it's raining and snowing as the ground is set o react to that per default as well, but then you only have the normal default effect which should not cause any issues.

If you are not satisfied with the results then either, then probably time to check your shaders ;)

Maybe keep a copy of the ESGG_PBR_Rain files as well if you change your mind. 

Cheers,

4 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

ease note that this will not delete your existing shaders.

I force shader cache clear every time the Sim loads.

Both PTA and TS claim my shader integrity is OK.

Problem still persists at ESGG, so it must be something else. Perhaps some effects from REX or PrecipitFX (from OldProp Solutions). The hunt goes on :)

2 hours ago, Marcus Nyberg said:

As I mentioned what you are seeing is the effect but just more intense than I’ve seen before. Maybe check your dynamic reflections, try turn them off?

Hey

Turning off Dynamic reflection did not really make much of a difference (I have mine at medium).

HDR is at 
1.05 brightness

0.14 bloom

1.00 saturation

Allright, tonight I have

• Installed Content.cab (msi installer + 2 cab files with textures)
  • installed Client.msi
  • Made sure I used vanilla shaders (again PTA validates them without warning, and I do not apply any PTA preset, I am just checking integrity of the original shaders)

But can't solve the issue. Seems like my surface refraction effect is overblown, so I guess that feature is not part of either Client nor Content set-up?

image.thumb.png.a28fbbc15da7d98e49c838659bebeef2.png

Archived