ObjectFlow Not working

Hi everyone so I today downloaded the new Orbx Direct app which i love and i moved you orbx library onto a new SSD using the new function built into the app. (Great work guys been wanting this for so long)

However all of my sceneries now installed with blurry textures and 2D aircraft models. 

As i understand this is something to do with object flow. What is the easiest way to reinstall objectflow or just make it start working again....?

I understand there may be a simple answer but i myself don't know it so if someone could enlighten me that would be great. 

Thanks in Advance 

Conrad 

1 hour ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

You have not yet confirmed that you have only one instance of ObjectFlow and that is installed correctly.

Well I’m pretty sure that I only have one, I’ve uninstalled FTX Central, so thought that would take the un needed ObjectFlow away... 

sorry for being stupid but where do I find the folder for where the correct ObjectFlow should be and where the incorrect one should be? 

Hello,

here is the content of the topic that Doug kindly posted the link to.

Problem:

If there are two instances of Objectflow 2 in the P3D v4 add-ons menu and both are active,

Objectflow does not work and airport products do not display as intended.

Typical examples will be missing runway textures, building roofs or buildings themselves.

Cause:

FTX Central and Orbx Central both add Objectflow 2 to the add-ons menu but in different ways.

Orbx Central deletes the Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2 folder when

it is used to install Objectflow 2.

If a customer then runs FTX Central, a new Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2

folder will be created and the next time P3D v4 is run, there will be two Objectflow 2 instances.

Solution:

Close P3D v4.

Delete Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2

Restart P3D v4.

Prevention:

Either do not run FTX Central if you have already installed Orbx Central

or be aware and after each use of FTX Central remember to delete that folder before P3D v4 is started.

You will find the Objectflow installer in Orbx Central in the list of products, in the Misc section.

Once you have installed it, open P3D and click on the Options tab in the on screen menu.

In the middle of the list, you will see ad-ons.

Please click on that and make sure that there is only one instance of Objectflow.

You will need to delete the instance located at Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Orbx ObjectFlow 2.

Then…

You will need to go to settings/Libraries and create a new Library in a location of your choosing, this is required for the installation of ObjectFlow 2 for Orbx Central, then it will be installed and use 7mb of space in that new folder, and everything will work properly. You do not need to use this folder for anything else, Orbx Central will then give you the choice to install your products to that folder or to the root simulator folder.

51 minutes ago, conradcollinson said:

As I have already made another library on the new SSD should I put ObjectFlow into that or just make a whole new folder within that SSD.

I would put ObjectFlow in the already existing library you have created, but it is totally up to you.

So to update you the problem is solved... 

I had to uninstall ObjectFlow from the new 'Main Library' that i had created on my new SSD and re install it to another Library which i put on the same SSD as where the sim is installed. That seemed to do the trick and it was then recognised as an add-on where as before it wasn't being picked up at all. 

Weird because it now recognises all the other sceneries as addons on the new SSD but it wouldn't recognise object flow.

Thanks for your help guys. 

Conrad

Archived