Orbx Airports Not Displaying Correctly

woodsongkp

I am having issues with getting Orbx airports to display properly in XPlane 11. I have TrueEarth Washington installed and several ORBX airports in Washington. I have uninstalled and reinstalled TrueEarth Washington and all the airports. I have also looked into how to orderer scenery_packs.ini.  I am fairly certain that the products are installed properly in my Main Library. I have attached my scenery_packs.ini and 2 photograph taken at 74S. Many structures shown in the photos on the product page just aren't there and others are incomplete for example the floats in the second photo are missing the plane. There first photo shows a hanger (upper right corner) that has the front but is missing the roof and sides. 

I have worked on this for hours last night and all morning. I need some help. 

1400551824_Cessna_172SP-2019-12-1112_01_10.thumb.png.2ea95b3a61df6c0d93c5e9a38422ccc4.pngI

Thanks KP

95766268_Cessna_172SP-2019-12-1112_04_23.thumb.png.b91942930a5205e722d96dc3d925caf7.png

Cessna_172SP - 2019-12-11 12.04.23.png

scenery_packs.ini

I have rearranged slightly your scenery_packs.ini. I do note however that the entries for the TE Washington scenery in the scenery packs is odd. There appears to be 2 references to Custom Scenery:

SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\xp11\TrueEarth US Washington SD\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\xp11\TrueEarth US Washington SD\Custom Scenery\Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\xp11\TrueEarth US Washington SD\Custom Scenery\Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos/

You have for example your copy of Orbx Bowerman on D drive and if you compare how the path to that addon is referenced in the scenery pack, you see it is different to the TE Washington entries. There is only a single reference to "Custom Scenery":

SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\KHQM - Bowerman Airport/

I suggest you go to D drive and click on the folder that contains your TE Washington scenery. I think you will find that on the first click you will see yet another folder call Custom Scenery and on the next click yet another folder called Custom Scenery. It is the very last Custom Folder, the one created by Orbx Central, that needs to be in the scenery packs.

The best way to rectify this is to open the actual Custom Scenery folder that contains the scenery i.e. the one created by Orbx Central and move that folder out of the D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\xp11\TrueEarth US Washington SD/ folder. This should leave your other folder D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\xp11\TrueEarth US Washington SD/ empty. Then delete that empty folder. Run XP and exit. It should now have written the TE Washington entry as:

SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom/

SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Overlay

SCENERY_PACK D:\X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Orthos

When you have run and exited XP, put the attached scenery_packs.ini into your Custom Scenery overwriting the one in there.

I hope you can follow all that:)

scenery_packs.ini

I think I followed that and it didn't work. So  took out all the Mister X and Open scenery addons. I also uninstalled all the airports and reinstalled them in the XPlane Directory. So I think the only entries in custom scenery are the default XPANE entries and the ORBX airports and TrueEarth Washington and only True Earth Washington in a library outside the xplane folders.

I appreciate your help and am hoping that I can work this out without having to completely uninstalling XLane and all Orbx products and starting from scratch.   

Thanks

KP

scenery_packs.ini

Are you still not seeing the Orbx airports properly?

Take a shot with the anomalies from 3 Orbx airports for me. There is nothing in your Log that indicates errors that would affect the airports. You have verified the required OrbxLibs XP files.

Additionally tell me what size the files you have are for Darrington because you have 2 entries for Darrington so remove one of them from your Custom Scenry folder:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_1S2_Darrington/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/1S2 Darrington Municipal Airport/

Darrington should be Size on Disk 449MB 939 files, 8 folders

Anacortes should be Size on Disk 498MB 1179 files 8 folders

Skagit should be Size on Disk 740MB 1536 files, 7 folders.

Are your copies the same?

All the files sizes, file and folder counts are exactly what you said.  When looking up the files size I noticed that the airport folders in xplane custom scenery had another folder named      custom scenery inside it which had the actual folders that should have been in the XPlane custom scenery. Much like what you saw in the first ini file i sent you:

\Custom Scenery\Anacortes 74S Airport\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_74S_Anacortes\

I did a cut and paste and putting Orbx_A_74S_Anacortes in the top level Custom Scenery.  I checked and the library files were the same way so I moved them too so I moved them as well. I then started XPlane with high expectations but was disappointed. I took screen shot you asked for after making those changes.

I've also included a screen shot of my Custom_Scenery directory and my latest .ini file.

I hope all this is helpful.

KP

1633836860_ScreenShot.jpg.d9f5286f847315325b5b17896c06adcf.jpg

Airfoillabs_C172SP_high_res - 2019-12-13 2.39.55 PM.jpg

Airfoillabs_C172SP_high_res - 2019-12-13 2.40.54 PM.jpg

Airfoillabs_C172SP_high_res - 2019-12-13 2.38.23 PM.jpg

scenery_packs.ini

The fact that some of the airports had 2 references to Custom Scenery like this:

\Custom Scenery\Anacortes 74S Airport\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_74S_Anacortes\  indicates these were previously installed into a create library outside of the XP Directory. I want you to uninstall Anacortes. Reinstall it but choose to install it directly into your XP directory. Run XP then exit. Then run XP again and choose a flight from Anacortes and see if you are getting the full airport showing. Reinstalling Anacortes will place it on top of the scenery_packs.ini so no changes will be needed to that.

Yes I had tried to install the airports in another directory to save space on my C drive. I did as you suggested and uninstalled Anacortes, reinstalled it into the XP directory, ran XP and exited and then ran XP again with a flight starting at Anacortes. There was no change. I've included a photo. The partial hanger is in view in the background. 

KP

1772805997_Airfoillabs_C172SP_high_res-2019-12-1410_56_39AM.thumb.png.511f2957b839ed18e32b85e690fccec1.png

No I had World Objects set to low. Changing it solved the problem. I remember changing it from max to low after reading that with ORBX you didn't need that slider set any higher. Apparently I got bad information or misunderstood it.  I should have thought to check that sooner. I had a suspicion that when the problem was solved I'd be a bit embarrassed. 

Thank you so for your excellent support and sticking with me on this. ORBX is the best. 

Thank you. 

KP

9 hours ago, woodsongkp said:

No I had World Objects set to low. Changing it solved the problem. I remember changing it from max to low after reading that with ORBX you didn't need that slider set any higher. Apparently I got bad information or misunderstood it.  I should have thought to check that sooner. I had a suspicion that when the problem was solved I'd be a bit embarrassed. 

Thank you so for your excellent support and sticking with me on this. ORBX is the best. 

Thank you. 

KP

That's good news.  I must make a note to ask support customers to show their XP settings in their first reply post. We could have saved ourselves a lot of time as i was completely out of ideas. My bad, as they say. I should have thought deeper about why you were not seeing things when all indications were that you had all the necessary files etc.

Archived