Communication Error

Operating system:  Mac 10.12.6

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Screenshot:  1473808434_ScreenShot2019-12-07at12_32_38PM.thumb.png.bb1c5ea25a29d5805b7c05ab94dc4941.png

Issue:  I'm unable to update the Orbx Library, and therefore cannot update the previously installed TrueEarth Washington HD or perform the initial install of TrueEarth Oregon HD or Anacortes Airport. I've tried both normal and manual installation on both the Library and X-Plane folders.

central.log

That is very inconvenient for me as I have lots of older software that wouldn’t function if I change operating systems. I’m not really interested in creating a separate partition with the newer OS just to install this scenery either. Is there a direct download that doesn’t require the installer? That was an option when I purchased the monument valley scenery a year or two ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi  LeftOutMacUser

I also had the same problem, running MacOSX 10.11.6 and X-plane 11.41.  I managed to install TE GB South successfully in an iMac running OSX10.11.6 by running Central on a MacBookAir running OSX10.13.4, whilst physically connected via ethernet to the X-plane installation on the iMac.  It took hours (ie48!) but patience will be well rewarded.  However, I still have some missing file issues which I am posting separately.  I hope something like this works for you too!

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi LeftOutMacUser

I don't know if you picked this message up but after a great deal of experimentation I solved the problem finally by purchasing a 1TB external disc which I dedicated to X-plane and installed OSX High Sierra, Orbx Central and X-Plane 11.41 onto it. This set-up remains entirely independent of my work Mac running OSX Yosemite which like you  I did not want to corrupt or compromise. Plenty of space for the download onto the external disc of course, but the second key issue which saved the day was that Central was the only app running throughout the download/installation ie nothing else at all, no Mail, no Safari, no screen saver, nothing. I didn't touch anything for the 12 hours or so of the process. The scenery worked perfectly on first launch of X-Plane and continues to do so, providing 25-35 fps reliably depending on the aircraft and location (accessing X-Plane on the external disc from the main Mac running Yosemite).

Although the disc space requirement has been referred to very often in the forums and documentation, I don't think I've come across this additional  "keep hands off" requirement anywhere (it might be only a Central vs Mac issue).  It might be a tip worth bearing in mind for Mac users.

Happy Flying!

Archived