Relocated Orbx Washington and No Cal - now Central does not see them

Basilrug

I moved (not migrated via Central) my Orbx Washington and Nor Cal scenery to a new SSD drive, setup symbolic links and updated X-Plane.  The scenery displays correctly in X-Plane but Orbx Central does not see those two products as being installed - how can I update Central to see the new locations?

Perhaps just removing and re-installing Central?  log attached.

Thank you

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  W10

Simulator:  Xplane 11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

central.log

More info re this issue: 

I have removed and reinstalled Central to see if it would pickup the new locations of these two sceneries but it did not.    The original scenery locations have been deleted so I cannot go back,   I was thinking Orbx Central would simply read the scenery_pack .ini file to get it's locations, but I guess that's not the case..    I also tried the "Sync Simulator" setting in Central which ran successfully but did not change anything.

I suppose I could delete all the files then reinstall them using Orbx Central to the new SSD drive, but for gosh sakes that will take all day and night (if it works that is - I've personally had no success up until the latest version of Central, successfully installing any scenery).

I'm hoping someone here may have a trick or suggestion that may work...  Surely we should be able to move our scenery around whenever its required and have Central pick it up from the links and .ini file in the Custom Scenery folder or be able to go into Central and point it back to the location of the scenery?

Any help appreciated!

1 hour ago, Basilrug said:

Hello Nick.. no they were installed to an Orbx Central Library on a different drive.

I see you also posted this query on the X-Plane.org website and complained about lack of response of a previous post by Orbx support. Orbx Central queries are normally handled by the Orbx Central team located in Australia who also have weekends in which they don't work. In the interim period, @Nick Cooper tries to provide assistance until the Central team get back to work.  As your query is not stopping you using your Orbx addons but more of a question of how to get Central to recognise your new install location I suggest you please have a little bit of patience to allow those responsible for Central to answer your query. I don't think your negative posts in another forum is necessarily warranted.

2 hours ago, Basilrug said:

Hello Nick.. no they were installed to an Orbx Central Library on a different drive.

In that case, use Orbx Central to remove your Library created on the original location

and configure a new Library, pointing to where you have now put the files.

This will only work if you simply moved the entire folder and did not disturb the

file structure.

To be transparent I'm posting a copy of what I said here back to the X-Plane forum you responded in. 

Thanks gents, unfortunately the file structure is different (I'll take responsibility for this current issue because I moved the files manually, so I created this problem) so I guess cannot use that method Nick.   

In response to your comments, yes I posted somewhat negatively here and other forums as others have, why?  Because Orbx is payware and is a product that through all it's versions from release had never actually worked ONCE for me since its inception.   Tested on 6 different systems, two operating systems, two locations, weeks and weeks waiting and trying fixes all to no avail, it simply would not do its job..    That left me with real money invested and NO scenery working.  I could only use the scenery by employing methods the average user would not go through and bypass Central altogether.  

After I posted my last message in these forums, and had checked back several times daily for maybe 4 or 5 days, I gave up, so I was unaware you answered it.  

Frustrated for weeks and weeks on end... absolutely.

So, my apologies for being tardy, and on a positive note, other than my current issue, I'm happy to say that this latest update to Central has actually worked for the FIRST time from end to end in simply downloading and installing scenery I have purchased from you. 

So progress has been made.   You should also know for as much as I have criticized the Orbx Central installer software, I have been praising the actual ORBX SCENERY itself to flight simmers and casual users alike.      

Looking for better understanding here from us all.. take care.

Hello,

there is no lack of understanding, this is what happened.

Your previous topic had nothing to do with this problem and the operation

of Orbx Central also has nothing to do with it.

You chose to move and re-arrange the files and in doing so, broke the

installation, just as would happen with any other software.

This despite the software being perfectly capable of successfully moving the

files, if used as clearly explained in the User Guide.

You then chose to go to another forum and criticise both the software and

the Orbx support system.

Archived