EGTH: Old Warden Not Showing.

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a reason why EGTH: Old Warden is not showing in my P3D v4.5 install?

I've just done a fresh re-install P3D, as well as all of my Orbx sceneries & have noticed that Old Warden doesn't show despite being in P3D's scenery library. Whenever I type EGTH into the airfield selector I keep getting Hatfield instead.

I have used Orbx Central to varify the scenery, re-installed it & also carried sync similator too.

I'd like to point out that I don't have any other manufacturer's sceneries installed, only Orbx.

All of my other sceneries are working as they should & everything is up to date.

Kind Regards,

Keith.

Hello Doug,

Hatfield Aerodrome was the previous owner of the ICAO code EGTH.

Because FSX is so old and in some respects inaccurate, the default EGTH

is still Hatfield, despite the fact that it was closed in 1994 and redeveloped

a few years later and long before FSX was released.

Hello Keith,

it looks as if the airport is either not installed or has not been added to your scenery.cfg file.

There should be a file in ORBX\Config named egth-config.json.

Can you take a look as see if it is there please?

Hello,

there are nowhere near enough files in there.

The only ones are for the Orbx Libraries.

Did you install your products with Orbx Central or with FTX Central?

Can you have a look at ORBX\scripts and see if there are scenerylib files in there?

They will have different names but all of them start with scenerylib

Hi,

I installed all of my Orbx sceneries via Orbx Central (v4.0.25) & followed the instructions as indicated by the program. I’ve flown flights from & over the scenery I’ve purchased & everything is working apart from Old Warden despite Orbx Central saying that it is installed.

I have an SSD as my dedicated flight-sim drive with P3D installed onto it & my Orbx library alongside it as a separate folder as optioned by Orbx Central.

I’m just finding it strange that all of my orbx scenery are working fine apart from Old Warden?!

I have attached screenshots below.

Thanks again for your help!

Keith.

P3D Folder Screenshot.jpg

Orbx Library Screenshot.jpg

Orbx Scripts Folder.jpg

Orbx Central Screenshot.jpg

Hi there. I got the same problem as the OP. Few months I bought 5 UK airfields for 50 Euros. 4 of them no problem except EGTH. 

I can find the egth-config.json file in my main library; another drive then where my sim is installed. I use P3D 4.5

Any solutions for this problem?

Rein

This is what I am seeing when I type EGTH to select Old Warden but end up with Hatfield when I am in the Select Airport menu.

I have also attached a cockpit & external view of where Old Warden should be but nothing is there.

I have made sure that I have run the elevation tool within Vector but that doesn't sort anything either.

As you can see Old Warden is in the menu, the Add-ons folders & says that it is installed correctly within Orbx Central but that is it.

I'm afraid that I'm at a loss as to what I can do now?!

Keith.

Select Airport Screenshot.jpg

Cockpit View of EGTH Old Warden AKA Hatfield.jpg

External View of EGTH Old Warden AKA Hatfield.jpg

I have asked the Orbx Central developers to take a look.

It seems that unless it is installed into the P3D v4 folder, it does not work and needs to be fixed.

However, I cannot replicate it at all, installed in an Orbx Library I see EGTH as Old Warden.

Which exact version of P3D are you using please?

You can read it from the Help/About drop down.

I have 4.5.13.32097

I'd like to reply to this. As said I got the same problem, but I made some progress. I try to replicate what I did. First I installed EGTH in my main library (another SSD drive than P3d  is installed). In the Select Airport Menu I only could choose EGTH Hatfield just like Keith. And I had the same cockpit and external view. Then I uninstalled EGTH and reinstalled in the P3D folder. No success. Uninstalled it again and tried again installing in my main library. Now EGTH Old Warden appears in the ' Select Airport'  menu and I can choose several starting locations including parking spots. All fine. When the simulator starts up I can see the people (static and animated), so people flow works fine. But I can't see any buildings, static planes, etc. Only people. I' ll try later (tomorrow) again. 

Rein

Hi,

Just wanted to give a small update.

I took a risk ;D & purchased EGHR - Goodwod & EGLC - London City today in the sale.

I installed them the exact same way as I have with the other sceneries & both are working as they should.

So, ETGH Old Warden is the only one that isn't working correctly for some reason!

Glad to hear that you managed to get your install sorted Rein!

Keith.

Another update.

I decided to completely delete everything to do with EGTH Old Warden from my PC & uninstalled it through Orbx Central too then rebooted my PC.

When I reinstalled the scenery, I noticed that there is now a change to the installation process, the option to install to a library outside of the main P3D is now disabled & I can only install into the main P3D folder. I checked with another airfield & the option to divert the install to another folder is still there. Only EGTH is different. I have added a screenshot below.

Long story short, I have managed to get Old Warden to work.

I take it that Orbx Central Developers have made an adjustment?!

Kind Regards,

Keith.

EGTH OLD WARDEN CHANGE OF INSTALLATION.jpg

Hello,

one of the Orbx Central developers was able to replicate the error, his version of P3D v4 is unique too.

As an interim solution, he has adjusted Orbx Central, so that the product cannot be installed into the

configuration that seems to cause the problem.

I did suggest this in post 17 but it slipped past.

Archived