Orbx airports not loading right - X-Plane 11.

psvpilot59

1518060032_ScreenHunter_Nov_1721_15.thumb.jpg.d0a510b9deaad85e78ddaef7c15d9ffe.jpg1098841477_ScreenHunter_Nov_1722_13.thumb.jpg.8fd9b218bb841d55f554ac362a40b0e5.jpgDear Sir,

Dear Sir, I have uninstalled and re-installed EGLC & EGNM several times but the problems still persist with these 2 airports!   In fact EGNM is simply default and not the very pretty airport depicted in your photos!   As for London City...well that's just one big mess!

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Orbx airports not loading right - X-Plane 11.

You have 2 entries for TEGB North Orthos. One is above Global Airports and is probably overriding the airports. Not positive about this but I don't know how you got 2 orthos entres. You need to delete one of those 2 TEGB North Orthos folders from your Custom Scenery. Here is an extract from your scenerypack:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - New York/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Washington DC/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Dubai/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/DD_NY_City_XP/

and here is the same folder shown again in your scenerypack:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_South_TrueEarth_Orthos/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_North_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/

So delete one copy and then run XP and exit. Then attach your scenery_packs.ini and i will rearrange it for you correctly, as it currently is not correct.

674028676_ScreenHunter_Nov_2015_24.thumb.jpg.90fb193954e77164af500533cea39bef.jpg263630852_ScreenHunter_Nov_2015_35.thumb.jpg.fdd3138f333874dd8be7b986742f4ffa.jpgHi Jon,

I deleted (SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/) but when I restarted X-Plane, it put it back in right at the top!    I've included the latest screenshots for Leeds/Bradford EGNM  and London City EGLC.  LdsBfd isn't too bad apart from the Main Terminal buildings, but London City is a mess.

scenery_packs.ini

@psvpilot59 Wow! What a messy scenery_packs.ini. 

You have not removed the yellow folder in Custom Scenery called  SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/

There is no such file. The correct file is the one called SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_D_GB_North_TrueEarth_Orthos/ not_C_

Remove the folder and then resubmit your scenery_packs.ini. The new entry at the top of the scenery_pack clearly indicates that the erroneous folder is still in Custom Scenery

I was referring t the fact that the folders are in yellow in Custom Scenery. It had appeared that you had not deleted the folder but just deleted the scenery packs entry for that folder. Now you have deleted the actual folder it won't and doesn't appear in your scenery_packs.ini anymore. That is good. But ! You appear to have removed also the 2nd TEGB North Overlay file. TEGB North has 2 Overlay folders as shown in your initial scenerypacks:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/

Now you have just 1 as per your latest attachment:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_Central_TrueEarth_Orthos/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_A_GB_South_TrueEarth_Custom/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_B_GB_South_TrueEarth_Overlay/

So you are missing somehow, SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_C_GB_North_TrueEarth_Overlay/

Anyway, running Verify Files in Orbx Central will rectify that. When you have Verified Files run XP and then exit. Open the scenry_packs.ini and move if necessary (OrBX Central may have placed the missing Overlay file at the top of the .ini)

the additional Overlay file into it's correct place as shown in the sample above which I have underlined.

I now attach a completely revised scenery_packs.ini for you. Keep a copy safe before you place it into the Custom Scenery folder after you have Verified Files.

scenery_packs.ini

89378345_ScreenHunter_Nov_2202_16.thumb.jpg.4a20fb535507048176d80bc9f03e6eb7.jpg334273667_ScreenHunter_Nov_2202_05.thumb.jpg.0d88786dec44c234928d59e4583f073c.jpg1423921740_ScreenHunter_Nov_2202_46.thumb.jpg.585d7ddfa935aa398415a45e90facc61.jpg403737577_ScreenHunter_Nov_0422_45.thumb.jpg.017b233babf7fbeeca9d869048cdd2f7.jpgHi Jon,

You are a Star Sir!  Everything up and running perfectly.  Took me a minute or two to get my old head round the yellow folder thing. (I'm 81)  I had never even looked at the yellow folder before.  However, I am now much wiser re x-plane 11 than I was one week ago, so thankyou for that.

PS: Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, we've been rather busy the last few days.

All the best Jon.

Archived