Scenery problems while flying

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Nick,

Thanks for the tip.  I did make an effort to find this topic in the forum, but not intuitive enough for me to find it? I followed Holger's instructions and reinstalled the default terrain.cfg file provided in his instructions (I could not find it in the ORBX\Scripts...folder). After that I verified the Global Vector files and restarted FSX Steam. I found the NW Pacific scenery was fine during a flight from Salem, OR to Newport, OR. After that, I tried KAPA (Centennial, CO) to Sterling and blue splotches appeared all over the place!? Since the Eastern CO area is not one of your enhanced scenery areas I wondered if my Global Base Pack and Global openLC North America were problem files? I uninstalled open LC North America and verified files for Global Base Pack through ORBX Central. I re-ran Global Vector and restarted FSX. I also checked to make sure I had simulator settings recommended by Global Base. I flew out of Sterling Muni and fortunately scenery was back to normal. I haven't reinstalled openLC North America yet, just wanted to enjoy regular scenery before changing anything.

Any other suggestions are welcome...

Regards,

Mike

Archived