Missing autogen on some urban textures

mfannee

Hello,

I have a problem in P3D (v4.5.13.32097) with some urban texture which doesn't show any autogen (I have ORBX Base Pack + openLC Europe).
The following screenshots were taken in Malaga [LEMG].
As you can see, the textures on the edges of the images have lots of autogen, but the texture in the middle of each image hasn't any:

sMkDm31.jpg

L1Z00EK.jpg

This problem occurs in different cities. I saw the same in France (Paris, Toulon, Marseille), in Spain (Malaga), etc...

I already uninstalled and re-installed both P3D and my ORBX products two times today (that took ages…….), but that didn't help.

Of course when uninstalling, I also removed the P3D and ORBX folders from %appdata% and %programdata%, to make sure that any re-install would be a clean one.
In ORBX Central I already tried to 'verify the files' and I also tried to resynchronize the simulator (Settings -> Help -> button: Sync Simulator). But once again, it didn't help at all.

Do you have any idea what I should do? 

My own technical details:
I fly P3D 4.5.13.32097 with the following ORBX sceneries:
- Base Pack + Libraries, openLC Europe + North America, Regions England + Scotland + Wales, en Airport Pack. 
The only other add-ons (I mean not from ORBX) installed in my P3D are:
- the Dunkirk Spitfire from JustFlight
- FSUIPC5 + FS Global Weather 

Hardware: 
CPU: i7-7700 processor (up to 4.20 GHz)
GPU: MSI GTX 1050 ti OC [4 GB]
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
Storage: SSD 500 GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I just found the very same problem in a urban texture in Mexico city [near MMMX]. So it appears the problem is not 'european' but 'global'.

Since it only occurs with urban textures, I'm wondering if some urban autgen is just missing in the ORBX library or so. But... since I already did a clean re-install (both P3D and ORBX) without any improvement, I'm asking myself: is it possible that ORBX has some error in their last build?

3 hours ago, mfannee said:

I just found the very same problem in a urban texture in Mexico city [near MMMX]. So it appears the problem is not 'european' but 'global'.

Since it only occurs with urban textures, I'm wondering if some urban autgen is just missing in the ORBX library or so. But... since I already did a clean re-install (both P3D and ORBX) without any improvement, I'm asking myself: is it possible that ORBX has some error in their last build?

I am having a very similar problem to this , all my trees and autogen has gone very flat in England , I have raised a ticket as well , hopefully we can get it resolved , 

mine has changed since i updated to FTX Central v4 

hope you get a response

Regards

Dom

Hello Dom,

I think you're right the problem might be connected to the new ORBX Central. 

I installed my sceneries some months ago with the previous FTX central. But now, re-installing with the new ORBX Central just doesn't work well. I had more problems re-installing than I mentionned above (for example Base Back wasn't visible in P3D until I tried re-installing, pressing Synchronize, Verifing files, etc multiple times….). With the previous FTX central, I just worked in one go. Now it's just not reliable anymore. I tried everything today (also installing as Admin), but nothing, nothing helps. Bah!

46 minutes ago, mfannee said:

Hello Dom,

I think you're right the problem might be connected to the new ORBX Central. 

I installed my sceneries some months ago with the previous FTX central. But now, re-installing with the new ORBX Central just doesn't work well. I had more problems re-installing than I mentionned above (for example Base Back wasn't visible in P3D until I tried re-installing, pressing Synchronize, Verifing files, etc multiple times….). With the previous FTX central, I just worked in one go. Now it's just not reliable anymore. I tried everything today (also installing as Admin), but nothing, nothing helps. Bah!

mate i feel your pain lol , Im so frustrated as well, so dont think your the only 1 , I have spent so long trying different things, when you work all week and want to come home and use your sim how it should be and all you end up doing is trying to fix bugs and scenery issues its a pain , I am sure i spend more time tinkering around with prepar3d than actually using it !

well hopefully you may get an answer

I have just reverted back to the FTX3 and seeing if that makes a difference

best of luck mate

Regards

Dom

Hello again!

Ok, I downloaded the old installer (FTX Central) and it did the trick. (so it's really ORBX Central that causes the problems!)

I already flew at some locations where the problem occured, and it looks very good now!

Breathing again!

Regards!

I have the same problem with germany north in Hamburg. Around the Alster (Center of Hamburg) are not autogen , only photoground...

Without germany north (only base pack and lc europe) i have all over autogen.

HELP ME !

@Doug Sawatzky  I had my Global Base (and all other ORBX sceneries) installed to my P3D folder, when using ORBX Central. It is the recommended choice, according to the app dialogs, if I remember it well. 

@Webbie  If I were you, I would give FTX Central a try (https://orbxdirect.com/ftxcentral). In my case, whatever I tried with ORBX central, it didn't help. But as soon as I re-installed FTX Central, problems solved!   (very good idea @DomP !!!).
But I must say I did a full re-install: t.i. removed P3D, re-installed it, re-installed FTX Central and finally re=installed all sceneries with it. Beware: I don't know if FTX Central will work properly if you use it to update ORBX sceneries previously installed with ORBX central (I mean updating your sim instead of doing a clean re-installation), since I didn't try that.

Glad you got it sorted ! i thought it might work :)

funnily enough I resolved my issue last night with another fix, for some reason a scenery i purchased a couple of weeks ago (Aerosoft Lukla) messed up my autogen, god knows how , so i disabled the scenery and got my autogen back ! , Prepar3d is a funny sim , i have a love hate relationship with it lol, I shall see how it goes :)

Glad you solved it too. And it's good you posted your fix as well, it will help others, I can tell! 

And... Love hate relation with P3d? Same here. P3d is sometimes very frustrating, but it's a lovely sim. Especially thanks to orbx :-) 

8 hours ago, mfannee said:

I had my Global Base (and all other ORBX sceneries) installed to my P3D folder, when using ORBX Central. It is the recommended choice, according to the app dialogs, if I remember it well. 

Thanks

That is correct, and I have all my stuff installed with Orbx Direct and have no missing autogen.

3 hours ago, Webbie said:

Thank you very much, it's work !

Best regards

Wolfgang

Have a quick question, did you do a complete reinstall or only FTX Central? I have the same problem with Berlin. No autogen with Eu Germany North and autogen back with Germany North disabled.

@Doug Sawatzky Ok. Glad to hear Orbx central works for you. But it clearly doesn't work for everybody: yesterday I've been trying all day to get my scenery installed with it. As you can read hereabove, I tried all kind of things (clean re-install etc.), but really nothing worked. But as soon as I re-used FTX central (instead of Orbx central), everything went back to normal, in one go. So, ORBX surely has to fix something here.

Good to hear you are back to normal for now :)  But just for your future reference, I have attached a link below to the Orbx Central user guide, and starting on page 27 there is a list of system requirements that commonly get overlooked.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QqebVX8fUFdFtOOEMR1ZULkhhieenQHNopfNY-5_K0Y/edit

5 hours ago, Micko said:

Have a quick question, did you do a complete reinstall or only FTX Central? I have the same problem with Berlin. No autogen with Eu Germany North and autogen back with Germany North disabled.

5 minute action:

Step 1: Download and install FTX Central https://orbxdirect.com/ftxcentral

Step 2: Uninstall Germany North with FTX Central.

Step 3: Install Germany North with FTX Central.

Step 4 Testflight.

Step 5: When It's OK, uninstall FTX Central.

Orbx central is installed and closed during the action.

I hope it's work on your simulator too.

Best wishes

Wolfgang

11 hours ago, Webbie said:

5 minute action:

Step 1: Download and install FTX Central https://orbxdirect.com/ftxcentral

Step 2: Uninstall Germany North with FTX Central.

Step 3: Install Germany North with FTX Central.

Step 4 Testflight.

Step 5: When It's OK, uninstall FTX Central.

Orbx central is installed and closed during the action.

I hope it's work on your simulator too.

Best wishes

Wolfgang

That sounds easy, thanks for that, gonna try it later

Hello,

I have the same problems, no complete autogen in Berlin, Munich or Malaga. I have also installed Germany North and South via FTX Central as described by Mick. Furthermore, I disabled Lukla, VLC, Christchurch, unfortunately it still does not work. No complete Autogen. Any other ideas?

Cheers Dieter

6 hours ago, didige said:

Hello,

I have the same problems, no complete autogen in Berlin, Munich or Malaga. I have also installed Germany North and South via FTX Central as described by Mick. Furthermore, I disabled Lukla, VLC, Christchurch, unfortunately it still does not work. No complete Autogen. Any other ideas?

Cheers Dieter

Hi Dieter, it worked for me only after verifying Germany North with Orbx Central. Did you try this?

Hi Mick,

yes I'm verifying Germany North with Orbx Central.

Most of the autogen appears after the deactivation of the photo scenery of Aerosoft EDDT. A small part around the radio tower (Alex) is still without buildings. Furthermore, I have the same problem in Munich (Germany South). Buildings around the Marienkirche are missing. Malaga, for example,  now works after verifying EuropaLC in Orbx Central.

I've no ideas to solve this issue.

Hello, sorry to hear you're still having problems. I was never checking that close in Berlin, will do so when I'm at my PC but not.before Wednesday late. I came across Munich as well but no autogen at all. Gonna do it again with ges. 

You should open a new topic with pics. No orbx official will look into this one anymore as it is marked as solved. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again,

Just a short report after a few weeks.

As mentionned hereabove, I had a problem with missing autogen, which I couldn't solve with ORBX Central. So I switched back to FTX Central 3, which solved the problem right away.

Now after a few week, I felt like giving the updated (ver 4.0.27) ORBX Central a new try  (and removed FTX Central 3).

Sadly, I can tell you ORBX Central is still not reliable. Once again, some of my autogen is gone now.

I read the troubleshooting section of the User guide, and I made sure I have the right components installed (Visual C++ etc.), I verified the files, pressed Sync Simulator, etc. etc. … Nothing helps.

(for my specs, see the very first post hereaboven)

Hello all, just checking in as yet another victim of orbx central after being forced to update to it after buying the Honolulu  city scape, I want to try this method of returning to FTX central 3 but when i do it wont see any of my addons in the scenery layering page anymore.

What a total mess, my sim was running nicely for months and now it's like this.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

7 hours ago, espresso said:

Please read through the thread mentioned above. As stated by officials the developers are aware of the issues and are working on a fix.

I have, as i said i'm just checking in so i can keep tabs on any updates.

• 1 month later...

Bump

Happy new year to all. So yes I am having the same issues. As soon as my scenery is reinstalled I will try the old FTX instalation. Thats about a day or so away (I have lots of ORBX products).

Is there any news about an update coming that will rectify this issue?

Thank you and cheers to all!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

It's my understanding that this is not necessarily an issue that is caused solely by or fixed by Orbx....there seems to many other addons that are causing it. Using the search function in the top right corner of this forum should yield tons of info as two examples below.

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem (areas without autogen in Berlin). After deactivating Germany North, the normal autogen appears. Reinstalling Global Base and Germany North in the P3D (v4.5) folder was unsuccessful. The old FTX Central as recommended can unfortunately no longer be found.

Archived