BUG REPORT - Radio Frequencies missing on new airports

Hi, I recently bought EGPH Edinburgh and EGTR Elstree and both Orbx airfields have now lost their radios and ATIS. This no longer appears in the quick ATC and when aircraft is tuned into ATIS for example there is no audio either. All was working perfectly before Orbx airport install so suspect the orbx airports causing the issue.

Can you please help me fix this issue? 

393434671_orbxradioissue.thumb.PNG.ae7c82fd475639d17bc72acf77963dc6.PNGl

Hello, can i get some support for this Radio issue?

Seems i have had no response. Is this because: "1.All support threads require a valid order number/transaction ID to receive support. Users that cannot provide a valid order number/transaction ID will not receive support." i can easily provide this but reluctant to provide on public forum.

Do i really have to post my Order Number onto a public forum? 

Hello,

I cannot help with the radio frequencies, I will leave that to an X Plane 11 expert.

Your transaction number is of no value to anyone else, it cannot in any way be connected to you,

other than by a member of the Orbx staff who would only use it to check that the customer account

contains the product in question.

Thanks Nick.

In that case Order number is 5db5f5baa9bb2. 

Hopefully get something fixed soon. tried to open the airport in WED to see what the frequencies were set to but Orbx have them locked down as expected. Is there any other way to check which frequencies are set for airports within the Xplane folder? 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The-Flying-Scotsman said:

Hi orbx, pretty disappointed not have a response to this post from a tech expert, it’s now been over a week! 

I am trying to contact one of the devs for assistance. Please be patient as they are very busy at present. Thanks.

I know nothing about radio frequencies but after researching XP radio frequency forums I am unsure if the frequencies for the 2 airports you mention are actually a part of the addon. I would bow to your far superior knowledge on this topic. I have however found a site that offers up the actual frequencies of airports and attach a link of EGPH as an example. If it is of any use at all to you then good. If not then we need to wait for the dev to comment or I suggest you may want to, in the meantime, post your query on the X-Plane.org forum where there are many experts who would be able to advise you.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/

http://www.egph.co.uk/EDI Frequencies.htm

1 minute ago, Bassman said:

Understand what you are saying Jon...hang on no I don't.  Orbx is a commercial operation and if I got that response "Please be patient as they are very busy at present" from my Telco I would get upset. If my Telco left me a message in a timely fashion like "please hold the line as all our operators are busy at present" I would then understand. If my Telco took a week to even reply I would seriously be looking around for a better Telco.

I am searching for an answer to the OPs question. This is a subject that neither Nick or I am familiar with and need to rely on others to assist. We are assuming that the problem is related to the Orbx airport addons but due to limited knowledge on this aspect i am not in a position to confirm or deny the source of the problem. It could be related to another addon or update. 

I understand your post but we are not talking about a problem that is confirmed as a problem caused by the addons. That aspect has to be advised by an airport dev and they are not available to comment at the drop of a hat. No attempt has been made until today to get input from the devs, which i agree is a possible source of frustration for the OP. Hence my polite request about being patient, as it is from today onwards that this problem is being delved into. First off i want confirmation that it is an Orbx addon created problem.

• Nick Cooper changed the title to BUG REPORT - Radio Frequencies missing on new airports
3 hours ago, Jon Clarke said:

@Nick Cooper BUG REPORT EGPH & EGTR

Hi Jon / Nick, thanks for helping - s your statement BUG REPORT intended to pull the attention of Orbx developers? Would really like Orbx developers to notice this and at least acknowledge they have seen it and provide a recovery plan. Is there a support email that we can use since this is now over two weeks and i feel that some level of escalation is needed here.  

11 hours ago, The-Flying-Scotsman said:

Hi Jon / Nick, thanks for helping - s your statement BUG REPORT intended to pull the attention of Orbx developers? Would really like Orbx developers to notice this and at least acknowledge they have seen it and provide a recovery plan. Is there a support email that we can use since this is now over two weeks and i feel that some level of escalation is needed here.  

The labelling of the anomalies as Bug Reports is the escalation. Unfortunately there are quite a few Bugs in various addons that require attention and this is one of them. 

The Devs are made aware but never give a timeline.

• 4 months later...

Easy fix anyone can do it:-

Backup'"your xplane folder\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh\" !

Open WED.EXE

Open EGPH

File Import, select '"your xplane folder\Custom Scenery\Orbx_A_EGPH_Edinburgh\Earth nav data\apt.dat"'

Select EDINBURGH, click import

Click EDINBURGH on the top right hand list (just under the World)

Click Aiport menu > Create ATC Frequency

Go right to the bottom of the list on the right hand side, select the new unnamed entry

Change the Name to "EGPH Tower", Class to "ATC Frequency", Type to "Tower", Frequency to whatever

(Repeat last 5 lines above for Ground frequency, ignore toplevel area controller as x-plane already handles that one)

File > Save

File > Export apt.dat and overwrite the original

Bingo!

• 2 weeks later...

Is this STILL ongoing? Example: EGPH for X-Plane radio frequencies missing.

I have input the correct frequencies myself (as it was so annoying to me), but still no ATIS.

Here is the relevant section from the apt.dat (including the new frequency codes). Am I missing something?

1054 118705 EGPH Tower
1053 121755 EGPH Grnd Del
1052 121980 EGPH Delivery
1050 131355 EGPH ATIS
1056 124825 EGPH Dep

Thanks, Sledge

Archived