Edinburgh and London City

paulk

Hi

I purchased EDI for X Plane 11 yesterday, the download size was about 675MB ish. The scenery is sensational and very FPS friendly. It seems much smoother than Leeds and East Midlands that I purchased recently (although both run well on my PC) 

My question is what is the download size of LCY, if it runs as smooth as EDI and isn’t of mega download size I would love to purchase it.

Can anyone help as I can’t see the size of the download on the product page. Also anyone running both as a comparison

Thanks and keep up the great work Orbx, can’t wait for Newcastle next.

17 minutes ago, paulk said:

Hi

I purchased EDI for X Plane 11 yesterday, the download size was about 675MB ish. The scenery is sensational and very FPS friendly. It seems much smoother than Leeds and East Midlands that I purchased recently (although both run well on my PC) 

My question is what is the download size of LCY, if it runs as smooth as EDI and isn’t of mega download size I would love to purchase it.

Can anyone help as I can’t see the size of the download on the product page. Also anyone running both as a comparison

Thanks and keep up the great work Orbx, can’t wait for Newcastle next.

3.96GB. It is more demanding  than Edinburgh, more on a level of the Leeds and East Midlands airports. XP settings may need to be reduced especially Texture Quality as noted in the User Manual accompanying the addon

Hi Jon

Wow that is nearly 4GB that is very large. It looks great but currently London looks good on my system with my current settings and I'm not sure I would like to reduce them. Perhaps I will have to have a little think about it first. 

I will ill research on the website, but I'm thinking out allowed here, just wondering if there is any files I can disable on LCY to make it a little FPS friendlier.

I struggled with EGLC until I read the manual and changed Texture Quality to High, deleted my X-Plane.prf and reset my XP settings(due to deletion of the prf) Personally I saw hardly any difference in visual quality from Max to High in Texture Quality. I get between 25-30 fps and smooth. I will attach a pic of my settings. I tend to keep that setting for all of the TEGB South region because it is the least optimised in my opinion, and does have (if you choose) PBR autogen. which has an increase in resource demand.

I have a 4K monitor so an AA setting of 2xssaa+fxaa is sufficient for a good look and also helps in fps. Others find that AA setting way to low for there screen resolution, so I can't advise further from that aspect. I don't have shadows on buildings, reflections or any other demanding effects. I run Live Traffic, Traffic Global, Marine Traffic, UWXP, FWLua, X-ATC Chatter and AviTab from the plugins section.So compromise is needed from "normal" settings.

339527466_MyXPsettings.thumb.JPG.eab63dbc768b537958292cb7bfb3611e.JPG

Archived