Unable to update EGHI with reinstalled Central

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5

I have reinstalled ORBX Central since it appears to be the only way to update or purchase products and have found that whilst I can update Global Base, Vector and NA Pacific Northwest, when I try to update EGHI Southampton (ORBX Central is reporting that an Update 1.10 is available) I get an error message "Error:  This product cannot be installed anywhere".  I get the same message if I try and verify files.

I did notice when I reinstalled Central that it seemed to remember the old library that I had migrated to in the first install although this library does not exist on the system anymore.

Is there a way I can point Central back at EGHI?

I have attached my central.log

central.log

Cheers Doug, on checking I found that Objectflow 2 was not installed so did that, which has fixed the missing objects.

I also synced simulator.  However now, when I try and start at EGHI in the sim I get the below which I have to keep okaying on a number of occasions before the sim starts up

image.png.9f3f726bbbb0c2e079520d364ae5438f.png

I am also still unable to update in Orbx central as I get that same message as before.  Also get the "Error:  This product cannot be installed anywhere" if I try and verify files on other airports.

1 minute ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

I am also still unable to update in Orbx central as I get that same message as before.  Also get the "Error:  This product cannot be installed anywhere" if I try and verify files on other airports.

On restarting everything this has now gone and I am able to verify

Hi Doug,

This has been marked as resolved but I think you missed the issue regarding the error message talking about deleting files.  Is this to be expected and am I supposed to delete any files that are quoted in these messages?

51 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi

I would also do a verify files of ObjectFlow and go to settings/help/sync simulator.

Have you deleted the files it is referring to?

And if you are using Orbx Central, it requires you to create a library so it can install ObjectFlow.

If you then run FTXC3, it will install Objectflow2 to the documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder, you do not want this and will need to delete it, there can only be one instance of Objectflow installed.

21 minutes ago, Dreamsofwings1 said:

Hello,

these messages are only seen when a user deletes files while the simulator is running and at or near the resource that has been deleted.

The error message is therefore temporary and resolves itself as soon as the simulator is closed and restarted.

8 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Have you deleted the files it is referring to?

And if you are using Orbx Central, it requires you to create a library so it can install ObjectFlow.

If you then run FTXC3, it will install Objectflow2 to the documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder, you do not want this and will need to delete it, there can only be one instance of Objectflow installed.

Not deleted anything manually Doug.  Just installed Objectflow2 and synced simulator.  Maybe that deleted it? 

4 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

these messages are only seen when a user deletes files while the simulator is running and at or near the resource that has been deleted.

The error message is therefore temporary and resolves itself as soon as the simulator is closed and restarted.

Hi Nick,

Certainly haven’t deleted anything while the sim was running.  I synced the sim in Orbx Central so perhaps that did something?

Currently downloading lots of “verified files” and will run again when complete to see if message has gone.

16 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Where did you install Objectflow2? 

Using ORBX Central and it said it could not be installed directly into the sim so I created the library file for it.

that seems to be working fine as I can see the grass and fences at EGHI when it eventually loads up.

To get it to load though ‘I had to ‘ok’ through a lot of those messages telling me I needed to delete files (which I didn’t).

FTXCental was uninstalled when prompted during the installation of Orbx Central.

16 minutes ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Thanks, sounds good, now have restarted your simulator?

First time loaded scenario to 6%, then jumped to 69% and then locked at 80% going no further

Second time got to 100% then CTD

Third time loaded without any 'need to delete' messages and all looked fine.

Thanks for your help Doug!  Hopefully it is fixed now.

Archived