Global Buildings HD Not Working?

Yesterday I installed Global Buildings HD on my Steam FSX system,receipt 5db209ddec2f5

After what appeared to be a successful install I can not find any evidence that it is actually installed in FSX and working. I compared screenshots from a friend of mine who has it and I'm seeing rather shabby buildings where his are just like the ads. I ran the verify install and it ran clean.

I'll attach scenery.cfg which has no mention of buildings.

I was going to remove it and reinstall from the manual download but thought you might have a better plan.

Thanks,, Dave

Scenery.CFG

Hello,

that's a P3D setting and can be ignored.

In FSX, the textures overwrite the defaults, so you can no longer see the originals.

As a rule, the new textures are 10.6 MB in size, versus 648 kb or so for the default ones.

Can you show us one of the screen shots that you took to show your friend please?

Ideally, you should tell us exactly where it is so we can go and take a look.

These were taking at 4WA8 Riverside airport Dunning Washington. 4WA8 #1 and #2 were taken by my friend who recently installed Global Buildings HD. #3 and #4 are taken  on my system yesterday. They look so different that I question if they are from the same airport. He's out of town for a couple days so I won't hear back from him until tomorrow.

178343375_4WA82.jpg.4ed6867e9d462297152c011b189ab85b.jpg

724045506_4WA83.thumb.jpg.e0cfd1fd2ee5fb59e2a029dfb15a02c0.jpg

1564349835_4WA84.thumb.jpg.5a91eef85fc4b5e17a9adbf1d52c466e.jpg

4WA8 #1.jpg

8 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

no, the product replaces textures, it is not addon scenery.

I am assuming that you also have the Orbx Libraries installed.

Did you use Orbx Central or FTX Central to install your copy?

Thanks for that clarification.

I have the Orbx libraries installed and did use FTX Central for the install. I also checked the textures folder and saw that most of the files were in the 10M size range. So it looks like it's installed.

It's pretty clear to me that the installation of Global Buildings HD is not working on my Steam FSX system. I took a flight on a friends PC and compared it to mine. Flying along at 700' I saw a lot of detail, power lines, farm tractors, detailed buildings everywhere. I see none of that on mine. Most buildings are just roof's flat on the ground.

I started going thought FTX Central to verify files on my products and was surprised when it started downloading updates. My friend called and said that I should install Orbx Central and use that rather than FDX Central. I did that and it's now downloading a bunch more updates.

I installed Orbx Central and updated the Orbx products that need it. Afterwards I saw no improvement. I then removed Global Buildings and took a screen shot of Nugents Corner, a road intersection just west of 4WA8 in Washington State.  I then reinstalled Global Buildings and took a screen shot which looks the same as the first one. My friend Max sent me a screen shot from his system. His Global Buildings is obviously working.

This is typical of what I have been seeing, that is no change to buildings after having installed Global Buildings.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\texture is 4.19GB while it was about 450K without Global Buildings installed. There are a large number of 10,923k files so I have to assume that the Orbx Central loaded the files where they belong.  It's as if FSX is using the backup texture file.

I hope that you can help me out on this, it's driving me nutty.

Thanks,, Dave

Dave Nugents Corner without GBHD.jpg

Dave Nugents Corner with GBHD.jpg

Max Nugents Corner with GBHD.jpg

Here's another shot with Shift-z on.

The snapshot showing the red trim is with GBHD not installed (I think). The one with no red trim is with GBHD installed as is this one I just shot.

It sounds like you're saying that my friends shot with the gas, church and other buildings at the circle are not from GBHD?

335296895_DaveNugentsCornerwithGBHD2.thumb.jpg.705875d450a560d52355633337a59d6b.jpg

The below image is mine with the PNW region deactivated, and Buildings HD uninstalled. So maybe do a verify files of Orbx Global base next....if it is an FSX issue and you do a Steam verify of the simulator, you will need to re-verify the Orbx Global base, Trees HD and BHD afterwards. It seems that Buildings HD is not causing the issue.

it.PNG

I removed PNW and Buildings HD and ran the Steam verify. It installed a bunch of updates and then "fixed" several thousand files. I took off from 4WA8 and there were no buildings at all since PNW was gone. I Verified Orbx Libraries, Base, Vector & Trees in that order. Flew it again and still had no buildings. I tried my home airport S20 in eastern Washington and had everything that I normally have around my town which is covered in Northern Rockies.

I installed PNW and got back to the same point that I was before with this photo, notice the red trim around the windows on the first one. I installed Buildings HD and flew it again, this time no red trim. And, none of the buildings that Doug or my friend Max saw. For grins I added the Global Airport pack which had disappeared along the way but no joy there.

I'm tempted to remove all of the Orbx products run another Steam verify then start adding Orbx as my slow internet will handle but I'm doubtful that will fix anything.

One thing was fixed along the way. For some time my autogen aircraft have been without any color scheme, all white. That appears to be fixed.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,, Dave

fsx 2019-10-28 12-28-45-51.jpg

fsx 2019-10-28 12-40-42-80.jpg

Archived