EGNX not displaying airport buildings

Hi

I recently purchased EGNX for P3D V4 last week, but unfortunately the airport buildings, the main terminal, firestation and freight terminals are not displaying. do the P3D sliders need to be at any particular setting to diplay the airport properly?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product via Orbx Central with no change unfortunately.

Your help is appreciated, thank you.

My orbx receipt no is - 5da87cb49602c.

Best regards

Ashby Gooner 

I’ve just checked your refund policy as there is absolutely no mention of a requirement for the P3d version to be 4.4 or higher to display pbr textures, and there is no mention in the installation guide either with the download, and the product is not working properly I believe this under ur consumer agreement falls into the parameters of an entitlement to a full refund. Please either facilitate either a working copy of your product or a full refund at your first earliest convenience, thank you. 

Indeed there is not, however, as you appear to have stated that you are using P3D version 4.5,

it does not seem relevant to your particular problem.

I have asked for this to be added to the product pages.

Please try with your scenery and autogen complexity sliders fully to the right.

Nope didn’t resolve the issue, if you could arrange a refund please Nick that would be appreciated. If I have to sign a destruction letter no problem. It’s a shame as the scenery is a good rendition of the actual airport and area as Iit is at the moment. 

Hello,

as the product is apparently working exactly as intended for virtually everyone else,

it will be difficult to prove that it is faulty and therefore deserved of a refund.

You are welcome to try, a Support Ticket is the way to do that.

If your request is not successful, please return to the topic and we will do our best to

discover why it is not working for you.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (15493) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

ME.jpg

Richard Lincoln (Orbx Simulation Systems) 

Oct 22, 7:10 AM AEDT 

Hi,
For technical support (i.e., any support that isn't related to your user account or purchasing issues), please use our support forum: http://orbxsystems.com/forum
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/145401-orbx-ticket-portal/
Cheers,
Richard

df4da618e32655ad517243c0fdc1f464?size=40

Rhyswarner

Oct 22, 5:03 AM AEDT 

Hi I purchased EGNX for o3d last week. I am running p3d v4.5. The airport buildings are not displaying. I have the sliders set as suggested in the manual. Very disappointed. Please either arrange a full refund or a copy of the product which works properly, thank you.

This email is a service from Orbx Simulation Systems. Delivered by Zendesk | Privacy Policy 

[6LXP89-4E3V]i put 

I submitted a ticket as suggested and got the above reply.

i would like to congratulate you on your appalling customer service, especially when advised the product “works for virtually everybody else “. So that’s ok is it that it doesn’t work for me? If I purchase just about anything else I can think of and it didn’t work properly or I was dissatisfied with the product during my statutory right cooling off period or de facto it doesn’t work I am entitled to a refund. On the support forum you say you give excellent customer support, well if you do please can someone now sort this issue out for me, or refund my money thank you.

Hello,

thank you for your comments.

This product requires a working copy of P3D version 4.4 or higher.

Here is the product installed into a completely default version of P3D version 4.5.12.30293

No addons at all, not even the Orbx Libraries or Objectflow.

4.jpg

Here is the same product installation in P3D version 4.3.29.25520

Is this what you are seeing?

1.jpg

If it is not, can you please provide a screen shot of what you are seeing,

ideally including the screen shot of your P3D version, as at the top right

of each of my images.

Thank you.

I submitted a ticket as suggested and got the above reply.

i would like to congratulate you on your appalling customer service, especially when advised the product “works for virtually everybody else “. So that’s ok is it that it doesn’t work for me? If I purchase just about anything else I can think of and it didn’t work properly or I was dissatisfied with the product during my statutory right cooling off period or de facto it doesn’t work I am entitled to a refund. On the support forum you say you give excellent customer support, well if you do please can someone now sort this issue out for me, or refund my money thank you.

Good morning

Please can you advise how I take and add the pictures you have requested?

it is only the airside buildings which are not displaying all the buildings to the left of the baron area opposite runway 27 are there. Thank you. 

Good morning

Please can you advise how I take and add the pictures you have requested?

it is only the airside buildings which are not displaying all the buildings to the left of the baron area opposite runway 27 are there. Thank you. 

E4FBDB66-CE27-4E79-9FEC-8BE6FB559176.jpeg

Hello,

we will ask the developer @razgo

In the meantime, it might be worth checking the integrity of the installation.

You should have 

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\Scenery  32 items

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\texture  422 items

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\Scripts  4 items

6 EGNX effects files.

Brilliant thank you Nick, it’s a pity the developer doesn’t have the same politeness and willingness to engage and reply as you have. Orbx support team, you need to have a rethink re your customer satisfaction and level of service provided which is zero with the exception of yourself Nick very frustrating. Perhaps point this out to your ceo Mr Venema. Thank you again hopefully this will be resolved quickly once Australia is back in tonight our time. 

1 hour ago, Ashbygooner said:

Brilliant thank you Nick, it’s a pity the developer doesn’t have the same politeness and willingness to engage and reply as you have. Orbx support team, you need to have a rethink re your customer satisfaction and level of service provided which is zero with the exception of yourself Nick very frustrating. Perhaps point this out to your ceo Mr Venema. Thank you again hopefully this will be resolved quickly once Australia is back in tonight our time. 

When you have hundreds if not thousands of users for whom the scenery works properly and one person for whom it doesn't work properly my money will be on that one person's setup being the problem, not the software, and the appalling lack of customer service seems to me to be the steps taken by Nick, who is our guru, to assess why you are having a problem no-one else has had.  If you can suggest how, given the information supplied, and the likelihood that a dev can leave his development work to interrupt what seemed to be a functioning process of zeroing in on your problem by Nick, then I for one am all ears.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/profile/15949-nick-cooper/ Mr Dow May I respectfully point you in the direction of this post from Mr Cooper, another dissatisfied customer with the same issue. He unfortunately fell foul of the fact that no where in the EGNX portfolio does it say that you require a minimum of version v4.5 for the scenery to run correctly and bought the software in good faith that it would work display and run with p3d v4. Any version. Again no support from anyone apart from the “guru” Nick. 

I am now in the process of applying for a freedom of information act request as you can in UK law to ask  orbx to provide information as to how many other persons the scenery has not loaded correctly, or worked for, to counteract your assumption that it works for everyone sort from me and I am the problem.

If you have a contribution to resolve my issue please feel free to post it here, if not I kindly request you post no further, in that the tone of your post infers that I am not worthy of challenging a business with regards to its obligations to assist it’s customers and my our consumer rights on the basis it works for everyone else.

Hello,

would you mind doing this please?

In the meantime, it might be worth checking the integrity of the installation.

You should have 

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\Scenery  32 items

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\texture  422 items

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\Scripts  4 items

6 EGNX effects files.

If that total is not correct, perhaps you can verify the files for this product please?

Hi Nick, again thank you for your support.

unfortunately I am out for dinner or fortunately depending on your point of view. So I will not be able to clarify the download configuration until either later this evening or most probably tomorrow, apologises. In the interim if you can authorise a full refund so I can revert back to UK2000 scenery problem solved. Appreciate it is not at the same level as your product however Gary (the developer,owner etc) always replies engages tries to resolve any issues one to one. No reflection on you Nick I  sympathise and support you for trying to resolve this issue for me, but think orbx have hung you out a bit to dry. 

Hello again Nick

So Ive checked the files as follows:

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\Scenery  32 items = 32

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\texture  422 items = 421

ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGNX\Scripts  4 items = 4

6 EGNX effects files. = cant find these where should they be?

Cheers

Again thanks for your help,

On 10/23/2019 at 5:25 AM, Ashbygooner said:

. Again no support from anyone apart from the “guru” Nick. 

Part of my point was that you are getting your customer service.  Nick is working on it.

No-one else needs to get involved in issues Nick is dealing with or we end up chasing our tails all around the problem.

It just occurred to me that if there was an exclude from another scenery package that affected part of the EGNX footprint then you might see what you are seeing.  Do you have any other UK scenery, payware or freeware, airports or regions or any sort of package at all?

Hello again

No, all my products are Orbx in this region - closest would be UK2000 software for EGBB, but Birmingham is 45 miles to the south west of EGNX, so doubt this would be having any effect on this scenery. Im going to uninstall and reinstall, as if nicks figures are correct a file in the texture element appears to have not added, and the script files I cant see anywhere either.

Thank you for your suggesting though any help is welcome.

Another thing to check... you've posted screenshots to show your downloads are for P3DV4.5, however just to confirm you are actually running the correct up to date version, can you go into your P3D folder and right click on the Prepar3D.exe file and select Properties, then Details, as per the screenshot below.

P3DVersion.thumb.jpg.c834d100a32f4805974429249f2b60c3.jpg.

OMG!!!!!!

Dont know what has happened here, but I lowered the texture settings from 4096 to 1024, Im using a 4k monitor, and low and behold they have appeared!!!!!! So hopefully fingers crossed it appears to have resolved itself. I have just also uninstalled and reinstalled for the 3rd time! Thank you to both yourself Nick (asking Raz to contact me the developer and all your other advice), and Mr Dow for your help as well.

fingers crossed I can now enjoy many a flight from and to my native EGNX, thank you again.

Archived