Error while trying to install scenery

skywreck

Operating system:  Windows 10 Professional

Simulator:  Prepard3D 4.5 with all fixes installed

Screenshot:  submitted

Issue:  

Hello I still prefer to have my scenery inside the sim and now while trying to install scenery I get this error: An error occurred while trying to install a product dependency. library path does not exist (Objectflow)

In Appdata\Local there is only one entry orbx-central-updater

In Appdata\Roaming\Orbx\Central\ There is a central log (attached)

regards 

Joaquin Blanco

Capture.JPG

central.log

Thank you for your reply, I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. I already have an Orbx library and have no idea how to install Objectflow. In fact everything was working ok but suddenly I began to get this error. Would be grateful if you could explain how to fix it otherwise I won't be able to install some of my other sceneries.

best regards

Joaquin

I do have and Orbx library installed for P3Dv4.5 in the sim.

All items described on the previous posts have been followed but the scenery never installs and I get the error previously described. How does one install Objectflow if missing?

best regards

Joaquin

Hi Joaquin:

First, look into your products list inside ORBX Central (My Products). If you scroll down to the very bottom of the list, you should find ObjectFlow (under Misc). Select it and install it, and it will install by default into the ORBX Library that you created already.

Good luck.

Cheers, Ed

Hello Joaquin,

any where you choose on your PC create a folder called Orbx Central Library, that is the location you need to point Orbx Central to install the Objectflow.

It only requires 7mb in size. This will be seperate to your Orbx Library.

Thank you very much smudger. I followed your instructions and found it was ready to install but as per 1st screenshot only the right hand choice is available and when pressing it I get result as per screenshot 2.  Since all my scenery is in the simulator folder it cannot see anything else. I did also create Orbx Central Library folder outside the sim, but it doesn't appear to be found by Orbx Central.

best regards

Joaquin

selection.JPG

error.JPG

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @skywreck

Can you removing then re-adding the library through Settings -> Libraries? Orbx Central won't let you add a new library if it can't detect the path.

Once you've re-added the library can you try installing Objectflow once again and attach you log if you still encounter issues?

13 hours ago, skywreck said:

I did also create Orbx Central Library folder outside the sim, but it doesn't appear to be found by Orbx Central.

Hello Joaqui,

in Orbx Central - Settings - Create a new Library and point to the folder you created.

Sorry for the delay in replying, just got back from work and tried Josh's suggestion, but that didn't work, however when I followed Smudger's it all worked perfectly. A big thank you to everyone who responded to the post and I guess this matter can be marked as resolved.

best regards

Joaquin

Archived