Loading Central and flying different simulators

Jezz006

Greetings,

I'm seeking clarification of how to correctly use ORBX Central when flying in different simulators.

Do I have to load ORBX Central for the Simulator I wish to fly in every time or, once setup will it recognize which Simulator I am loading without the need to start it up?

Yours in Appreciation,

Jesper Hansen

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  P3D4 and XPlane

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hello,

Orbx Central is a configuration utility and once the configuration is complete,

it should be closed before running a simulator.

If you have more than one simulator installed, they should appear in the drop

down menu at the top left of the Orbx Central window and should be selected

as required.

Thanks for the reply Nick.

Just a further question to clarify this for me if you would.

Does Orbx Central have to be run every time before I start a Simulator, or does the system remember the previous configuration even after an operating system restart?

Hi

No it does not have to be run every time, and it does not matter if it as been closed after configuring X-Plane, when you start P3D for example, it will operate properly from the way it was last configured, so in other words, it is not engaged with the simulator while it is being used.

You can even open Orbx Central while the sim is running to look around, but it will not allow you to make any changes.

You can also open Orbx Central while X-Plane is running and make changes to P3D or any other sim or visa versa.

Thanks for the explanations Doug.

So with your example, if XPlane has been loaded in Orbx Central, the only time it needs to be configured again is when you want to change Simulators and have the Orbx products available for that particular Sim ?

No, you don't have to do anything to start a sim and fly, you can leave X-Plane as your last accessed sim in Orbx Central and start P3D and carry on. Orbx Central is only for purchasing/installing, configuring different options, and uninstalling products, it has no affect on the running simulator, it does not care what simulator you are flying, or what simulator is in the top left corner window when you closed it last.

Archived