EAA Review of Microsoft FLight Simulator 2020

Dusterman

The EAA website has a very clear review of the MS FS2020 by a real pilot who represents the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) and was also a member of the previous MS simulator team at Microsoft. It answered a lot of my questions about Microsoft's motivation for coming out with the new flight simulator and technical questions that were brought up by the other reviews. The simulator will have a legacy mode to allow current aircraft to fly in the new sim. If you want the new aerodynamics the planes will be different products. Altogether it make me much more confident that the new sim will be a winner.

5 hours ago, Dusterman said:

The EAA website has a very clear review of the MS FS2020 by a real pilot who represents the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) and was also a member of the previous MS simulator team at Microsoft. It answered a lot of my questions about Microsoft's motivation for coming out with the new flight simulator and technical questions that were brought up by the other reviews. The simulator will have a legacy mode to allow current aircraft to fly in the new sim. If you want the new aerodynamics the planes will be different products. Altogether it make me much more confident that the new sim will be a winner.

Hi Dusterman,

I have tried to find this review without any luck. is there any chance you could post the link to it.

Thanks  :smile:

I wonder how many spotted the cheap and nasty - (according to Austin Meyer of XP11 Fame)) - Saitek/Logitech Flight Yoke.

gave me a lot of confidence as it is the controller I bought about 5 years ago.

Makes one wonder why MS didn't find the need to offer to offer either of the yokes that cost 5 and 10 times as much/

Maybe a secret hint as to the simplification in controlling their new Tec setup A/C

1 hour ago, John Heaton said:

I wonder how many spotted the cheap and nasty - (according to Austin Meyer of XP11 Fame)) - Saitek/Logitech Flight Yoke.

but have you seen the rudder pedals !

Archived