London City - A Suggestion - Scenery Adjustment in Control Panel ? VERY HEAVY on FPS

Gabe777

So I am running everywhere else in TrueEarth GB for OrbX just fine, but even with really low settings, London is eating up FPS.....and the stuttering is crazy.

Southampton, Cardiff etc is awesome.

Even reducing objects to Low and halving my AA settings is using 7500 MB of my 1080 GPU..... compared to just 5000 over say, Southampton.

Could some reduction in Non-Landmark buildings be allowed for in the Control Panel ?

Reducing all my settings just when flying in or around London is a real pain. If the amount of buildings in the area could be reduced by half, and allow the user to select this alternative "Reduced Building Density", it would be so much better.

Hope you can cosider this at some point.

It is the one only  fly in the ointment, as the entire GB scenery is utterly stunning ! Congrats.

Thnx

One potential setting option which may enhance your fps rate in the London area is to reduce your AA setting. Obviously reducing the World Objects settings will , in your words, "Reduce Building Density" but reverting back to full density requires a change in settings and a break in the flight while it updates your settings. Reducing your AA setting for example to just FXAA or ssaa with fxaa will have a big impact in enhancing fps and can be easily reverted back to a higher setting without a partial reload of the flight. I don't know what your settings are but I have a 1070 8GB GPU and can get 25-30 fps over the London City with full World Objects but AA set to FXAA. I do have a 4K monitor though which reduces the need for a higher than ssaa+fxaa setting. Try it and see if it works for you. I also found that this helped with using the Orbx version of EGLC in TEGB South in the London area, which I found ground my fps to a stuttering mess but changing the AA setting was all I needed to do. 

Thnx guys. Great suggestions.

What I actually did was to reduce the Texture slider a notch to High.... two notches down from "Max No Compression".

This reduced my GPU VRAM usage from over 7.5 (dangerously close to the max of 8 GB to around 6 to 6.5.

Huge difference in stuttering....  as in barely any ! To be honest not seeing any difference at all in texture appearance or quality ! So I decided to leave the slider there permanently.

(I have to max out AA as jaggies irk me.)

Loving it now. Cannot believe how real the tarmac looks in EGLC.... I just sit and watch it rain ..... !

P.S. I haven't tried that 3jFPS yet. Not sure if it's compatibubble with FlyAgiTweak... which I couldn't live without.

Thnx again.

Archived