P3D hotfix 2 or Central or FTX Central or Vector?

Hello team

It happens that I updated my P3D with the hotfix 2 announced on Set 26.

4vqS3Rt.jpg

I also noticed Central had an update for Base pack and Vector

So I updated all and now I find a strange issue in the Pacific Coast of my country, there is large strip of sand that runs into the ocean called Puntarenas, here is Google maps

mYUlZ8v.jpg

I launched my sim and had an incredible mess!

Hundreds of night patches, lakes where there are not lakes, and lots of textures missing and wrong coast lines.

I run the verify files tool in Central for ALL global Base packs. Had to pause and close Central and reopen for the products to end installing ( something already reported)

Reopened the sim and most of the issues where solved except one with the cost line of Puntarenas. I decided to uninstall Vector and reinstall ( had to pause for it to finishes after reaching the 100%)

once it was done it showed, there is an update. So I got no confidence in Central and installed FTX Central just to verify the files of every Global Base product again and this time I uninstalled and reinstalled Vector. FTX Central showed some updated which I run as well.

Then closed FTX Central and opened Central just "in case"

I have everything installed in P3D root and have not migrated anything.

When I launch the sim it takes almost 30 minutes to pass from 6% to a total load of the game and to make it even more sad the problem is not solved. There are a lot of scratches trying to form the coast line of Puntarenas

PnF4DFL.jpg

The airstrip is also misplaced, it was mover to the ocean

iqY9L8R.jpg

Here the coordinates:

Or MRCH is the airport with the issue ( close to this area)

EwdIopr.png

Is this due to P3D hot fix 2? or to Vector? Is it caused but Central or FTX Central?

I have no clue of how to fix it.

I bet on Vector as it is the one that draws the coastlines but I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck

Something strange is that after I have updated the products in FTX Central when I went back to Central ( without having uninstalled FTX C)  Vector and Gloabal base still show an update to run...

Any ideas on how to fix this, please?

I'd appreciate all your help

Regards,

Carlos

17 minutes ago, Cruzer.04 said:

Hi Carlos, I’ve also updated the client only. I’m yet to check for scenery issues. Does your global lights configurator still work? Mine appears to save but then if I go back into it all fields are blank.

cheers 

Hi Cruzer04

I actually updated all the components

The light configurator only works in FTX central for me but yes, despite you set your configuration and save and close FTX Central, if you go back all fields show as blank, that is OK, it the normal behavior, at least it has always been that way to me, but the chosen configuration runs despite this behavior so don't worry

Cheers

Carlos

roger that, thank you

I moved the entries to match yours but it seems the issue was not solved as there was no change in the image of the map and the sim is currently stuck at the 6%  since 8 minutes already and I know it will take longer.

The land that goes into the ocean look like islands in my map like in the very first picture I posted.

Is like if s sort of image is blocking it to display correctly.

Should I verify Vector files through FTX Central again?

I'm very intrigued why your image seems to be ok and mine still remains damaged after I arranged the order of vector entries...

Still at 6% loading terrain data :'(

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Nick

Just loaded and all remains the same

I noticed I had a lot of night textures in the capital so I verified the files of OLC NA and that got fixed

As you can see the textures look different compared to the first image I posted

kDEIWVP.jpg

But I also noted you don't show the elements I have circled in red. These seem to me like left overs of another scenery I had for this area but the problem is that I removed that scenery and even took it out of the add-ons folder (it is a manual add-on, basic one)

It's like if the sim somehow would have stored that scenery or part of it, and now that is removed it is not displayed correctly ( I'm just guessing)

It could also be FSCrew that every single time a change is done in the scenery it does something like a sort of list of the scenery or so.

I'll remove that program first and will test

Then I'll remove all add-ons for CR and will test

If no luck I will revert

Just wonder why it takes so long to load now, from 6% to totally load...

I'll let you know my findings

Thank you for attention to this matter Nick

Good night

Cheers

Carlos

Hello Nick

I'm very frustrated here.

I removed FS2Crew UGCX

No third party add-on for this area

I reinstall the base back, Vector and NA LC

I deleted :

1) Prepar3D.cfg file.   

2) Shaders folder.   

3) SceneryIndexes_x64  folder. 

4) Terrain.cfg file?

Run the sim then FTX Central

I checked my Vector files are in the correct order and they are

But the issue is not solved

ZZDvg1e.jpg

This leaves as the possible culprit the P3D hotfix 2, thought it looks more like a vector issue doesn't it?

I replaced the three components, content, client and scenery

Have you updated your P3D yet?

Regards,

Carlos

19 hours ago, carlosqr said:

I'm very intrigued why your image seems to be ok and mine still remains damaged after I arranged the order of vector entries...

Every time you do something in ORBX Central they will revert to the bad order.  You will have to put them back over and over until they fix it.

Hi Artflyer

I had the impression it was going to happen that way so I'm currently using FTX Central again for now

I have reinstalled all Global packs and ensured the vector entries are correct but it seems is not working

I'm considering a reinstall of P3D but this seems to me more a Vector issue though as I revert to previous content and scenery components..

It would be terrible to reinstall all to end in the same situation

Thank you for your concern

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

I used Central and after noticing your post, decided to check my scenery settings. I use the Lorby Addon Organizer and found my orbx scenery (Vector folders) settings out of order just as you did. I moved them to the correct order using Nick's screenshot and then saved the settings. It asked if I wanted to delete the scenery indexes, which I clicked yes. When I restarted P3Dv4.5, it rebuilt the indexes in a relatively short period of time. When I went to MRCH, the sim looked just like Nick's pictures.

Not sure if this will help, but using Lorby's Addon Organizer to rearrange the layers correctly and then deleting the scenery indexes worked for me.

Hi Carlos,

I have the same issues at my location. I tried everything. USA, South America, Australia.

Black squares all over:

2019-10-2_14-36-14-384.thumb.jpg.cf6490e4b9e0a7bd6c58a37d61bbb36a.jpg

I also reinstalled several products using the Orbx Central. I followed the insertion points from Nick Cooper above.

Nothing helps.

Also I was already a little bit suspicious of that Hotfix 2 (4.5.13.32097) from LM. I did the complete installation.

Happily I always keep the previous installation (in my case 4.5.11.29713).

So, I am going back to that one and look what happens.

I keep you informed!!

Till next message,

Wil

On 10/2/2019 at 12:02 AM, carlosqr said:

Hi Artflyer

I had the impression it was going to happen that way so I'm currently using FTX Central again for now

I have reinstalled all Global packs and ensured the vector entries are correct but it seems is not working

I'm considering a reinstall of P3D but this seems to me more a Vector issue though as I revert to previous content and scenery components..

It would be terrible to reinstall all to end in the same situation

Thank you for your concern

Cheers

Carlos

Try uninstalling Lights configurator and reinstalling all Global Range products from scratch.  Of course  also rearrange global Vector entries after you are done.

On 10/2/2019 at 2:05 AM, FlyBlueSkies said:

Hi Carlos,

I used Central and after noticing your post, decided to check my scenery settings. I use the Lorby Addon Organizer and found my orbx scenery (Vector folders) settings out of order just as you did. I moved them to the correct order using Nick's screenshot and then saved the settings. It asked if I wanted to delete the scenery indexes, which I clicked yes. When I restarted P3Dv4.5, it rebuilt the indexes in a relatively short period of time. When I went to MRCH, the sim looked just like Nick's pictures.

Not sure if this will help, but using Lorby's Addon Organizer to rearrange the layers correctly and then deleting the scenery indexes worked for me.

Hello

Thank you for the tip

I'll do a research about this Lorby Addon Organizer

Regards,

Carlos

On 10/2/2019 at 8:38 AM, Euphonist said:

Oh oh,

That was not good. It did not help.

It is still very bad.

I hope that a solution will come.

Anyway we have tried :'(

Wil

Hi Will

Yes I also revert to previous version of P3D but didn't work.

I think I will have to reinstall P3D

I would be mad if after the process the issue is still there

Thank you

Carlos

12 hours ago, ArtFlyer said:

Try uninstalling Lights configurator and reinstalling all Global Range products from scratch.  Of course  also rearrange global Vector entries after you are done.

Hi

Ok I'll give it a try before doing the reinstall

Cheers and thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Carlos,

Just for you to know (but maybe you are not interested at all):

I bought a complete new PC based on the AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8-Core and the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT.

That runs fantastic, even with TE GB South and EGLC (London City Airport) installed!

I hope you are out of trouble now!

Have a nice flight,

Wil

Hi Will

Fortunately all is working fine at this moment, though I'm only flying Orbx by now ( just a bit tired of the reinstall of all add-ons I have. In time I'll reinstall them)

I'm planning to update my computer too :-)

Great news on your side, enjoy it

Cheers

Carlos

Archived