EGNX No Dynamic Lighting

JamesH19

Not sure if it is just me however I have no dynamic lighting at the airport. Taxi and runway lighting seems to be working however apron lighting is non existent which makes the airport unflyable at night for me.

All other airports in my collection seem to be working as normal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

No dynamic lighting 1.PNG

No dynamic lighting 2.PNG

I can confirm Dynamic lighting is ticked on in my screen shots, Nick. As this was something I thought of myself.

Yet Dynamic lighting is still non existent at EGNX. As I say the rest of my scenery library with dynamic lighting works without issue. 

7 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I wonder if perhaps the effects files are not there?

Can you search your effects folder for EGNX_Dynamic_Ctrl.fx please?

Yes I do have that file (in Orbx\effects). I also have EGNX_Dynamic_Ctrl2.fx there too if that helps? Cheers.

Edit - should those files be in the main P3D effects folder?

16 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

I wonder if perhaps the effects files are not there?

Can you search your effects folder for EGNX_Dynamic_Ctrl.fx please?

9 minutes ago, JamesH19 said:

Hi Nick, been through the folder and no dynamic effects file is present. So the file has not been copied over from the installer. 

I solved the issue - the installer creates a folder called 'effects', located in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\Effects. The contents of this folder need to be copied into the main effects folder of P3D. For some reason the installer is not doing this. Works as it should now.

Cheers.

23 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Perfect, thank you very much.

I have asked for this to be corrected.

Clearly the intermediate fix is to copy the files out of the spurious Effects folder and into the main folder,

as you have done.

I assume this only applies when installed into the ORBX folder. Mine is installed into the external xml path and there's an effects folder but it is covered in the script add-on.xml as far as I can see.

Archived