downloading manually UK Northern TE C4 file - help

Csneddy

can someone please help. im trying to download manually the zip for TE northen england UK. the only option i get when saving this file is a C4 and not a zip. after downloading anyway, ftx central does not recognise it.

thanks craig 

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

thanks John

im well versed with Orbx central

when i try to manually download from the the website, the file is a .C4 not a zip.

normally i download manually and keep the zip file and show OC the file to install. 

as the file is a .C4 OC will not recognise it as its looking for a .zip file

could you possibly assist ?

thanks

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 6:43 PM, Nick Cooper said:

the installer is called Orbx Central.

It is not called Central 4 or FTX Central.

Hi Nick, just to clarify: hundreds of gigabytes of my Orbx products, downloaded locally and carefully sorted, are now effectively useless because of the new Central and this C4 format?

Hello,

possibly, yes.

The backup system has its limitations, in as much as if a product has been updated since the backup was made,

it's "manifest" is changed, so FTX or Orbx Central would check the backed up files against the manifest and if they

no longer match, download the product again.

Unfortunately, Orbx Central uses a new and different way to back up the files, so none of the FTX Central created

backups will work with it.

Of course, they will continue to work with FTX Central while it is supported, unless, as above, there has been an

update since the backup was made.

There is another way of making a backup that would solve your problem and also remove the need to keep your

now redundant files.

7 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

The backup system has its limitations, in as much as if a product has been updated since the backup was made,

it's "manifest" is changed, so FTX or Orbx Central would check the backed up files against the manifest and if they

no longer match, download the product again.

Thanks for the explanation Nick!

Hopefully this will save me from re-downloading everything for a while (apart from the new/updated items, of course):

907012048_Screenshot-06_10_201917_28_03.thumb.png.587cbe420e7b01f4a9bc9e792f0d0dcb.png

Archived