Astoria Megler Bridge Scenery project

ba43

Pictures of the Astoria Megler Bridge scenery I'm working on with Instant scenery. This is pretty much how it would look if released for use. Limitations are the ends of the bridges angling down into the water. Otherwise, it's pretty close. Not up to ORBX standards but, I do kind of like it better than the generic bridges in PNW for this area.

Thanks for your input.

Brad

Astoria Megler Bridge south span.

Posted Image

Side view looking East

Posted Image

Approach going down into the river.

Posted Image

North span section with approach going down in the river.

Posted Image

North span side view looking east

Posted Image

Hello Brad,

the main reason I used the generic extrusion bridges rather than any of the custom bridges is that most of the latter don't have hardened platforms to carry moving car traffic. If that's of no concern to you then assembling a different bridge combination is a good alternative. To get rid of our model you'll need to place an extrusion bridge exclude polygon with one of the scenery development tools.

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

Yeah, the more I look at it with these Instant scenery bridges, the less I like it. I don't think I'm going to put this together as is.

I think I'll just use I.S. to enhance the PNW instead of try to change what's in place. Maybe somebody with better scenery creation skills can have a go at it.

Maybe, I'll add some Fed Ex depot's to some airports! I got some experience doing that.

Thanks,

Brad

Archived