FTX EU removes autogen on approach

kasperp3d

Hello, I have been having an issue with P3D v4.5.12.30293, whenever i am on approach into an FTX EU covered airport the autogen doesn't load, it loads perfectly anywhere else with any other ORBX addon, just not EU. The only fix is setting the FPS limit to 30 or less, but that cuts over half of my FPS. Have you heard of this and do you have a fix?

Kasper

4 minutes ago, kasperp3d said:

I just don't understand how it can load anywhere else. Also the problem never occured before P3D v.4.5

Try setting your LOD Level of Detail slider (and/or your autogen draw distance slider)  to medium or low.  That might help.  P3DV4.5 allows more distant autogen to load into the computer but at a cost.  And it's possible your 16GB of RAM is no longer sufficient.  I had to increase mine to 32GB recently, and it definitely helps in some areas.

5 hours ago, kasperp3d said:

I have airport addons from Aerosoft, FSDG, Flightbeam, UK2000, Drzewiecki, Flytampa, PacSim and Vidan Design. Other than that I have QW, PMDG, FSlabs and Captainsim planes installed

Might be an idea to try unticking those airports in the scenery library, P3D seems to refer to some objects that are well away from your current location.  You can also use a Scenery Config Manager (freeware) to quickly untick all unnecessary sceneries when starting a flight, that has been shown to improve loading times as well as performance.

A framerate of 30 is more than enough for a smooth Flightsim.

You want smoothness and good working scenery. Striving for 40 or more fps plus good working scenery is not needed and your setup is not capable of that...

Nicks advice on using 30 is the way to go. It has been advised on all major Flightsim sites too.

18 minutes ago, kasperp3d said:

@GSalden Thanks for your answer, the problem is that if i turn the limit to 30, the fps goes to like 15-20 fps which is not really ideal

That shows that your system is not capable of running 30 fps + smoothness + sharp scenery 

Try setting your monitor to 30 hertz and use Uimited + Vsync in P3D

If your monitor can’t run at 30 hertz use 60 hertz + NV Inspector set at 1/2 refreshrate .

Archived