Yellow or brown patches all over scenery.

caveney747

Hello

I have just done a clean install of p3d v4.5HF1 and the new ORBX central. I have installed EU England and EU Scotland and HD trees

but I have a problem that I have never seen before while using ORBX scenery. Basically there are yellow or dark brown patches all over the scenery.

The areas outside of these patches look fine, but the patches just look like a solid colour with trees, nothing else. The yellow patches seem

to be in the Scotland area and the brown patches in the England area! As I have only just moved to this new method of installing scenery outside

of the simulator I have absolutely no idea how to get rid of the problem. I haven't installed any other scenery that could be having an effect.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Clive Caveney

I would appreciate some ORBX technical support for this issue! 

Transaction I.D for EU Scotland product is Transaction ID: 58dad8b125b24 

I have tried verifying the files, Synchronising the sim and I have uninstalled the area

and re-installed but the problem remains and the patches are always in the same places.

To me it looks like missing or corrupt textures in these areas but as a re-installation

resulted in exactly the same problem I can only assume it is a problem with the

downloaded files!

The main area affected is between Inverness (EGPE) and Aberdeen (EGPD). If you

take off from Inverness Runway 05 and fly towards Aberdeen you will see them all over the place!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello Clive

Sorry but what I found was a fascinating area to fly around

cYqQDO9.jpg

PRJdc8X.jpg

sckR0OE.jpg

Please verify the items I asked about above

Did you migrate the products or did you just install them as new?

Sim root or outside?

When you say: I have just done a clean install of p3d v4.5 did you also installed Global Base? I have the impression this one goes yet in the root of P3D..

Please verify and report for an expert to assist you

Regads

Carlos

Hello Carlos

Thank you for your reply, I will try to answer your questions.

I installed the scenery using the new Orbx Central, a fresh install - not migration - to a completely separate

ssd to the one the simulator is installed on using the new addon.xml method. With regards to

insertion points, I presumed that Orbx Central took care of that during installation and if not

I do not know how to move anything because it is greyed out in the Scenery Library.

As I said I am completely new to this type of installation outside the simulator but the insertion points

look OK to me.

Libraries are installed and up to date and Object Flows is installed and ticked.

I have not yet installed any of the global products, just the two regions England and Scotland and a couple of airports.

I have tried verifying files on all the products and even re-installed Scotland but the problem remains the same.

Below are two screenshots to help describe the problem.

I have used Orbx products for many years using the in-sim installation and never had a problem before.

I hope someone can help .

Thanks for your time!

Regards

Clive.

0ecPWaj.jpg

0Qwlm3W.jpg

Hello,

this problem has been reported in the past and was due to the Open LC scenery library entries being misplaced in the scenery.cfg file.

Pehaps this is a symptom of the remaining problems with the xml layering.

In the Orbx Central forum, it is suggested to enable "advanced layering".

I have just noticed a peculiar entry in the scenery Library which seems to have both England and

Scotland in the title as shown below. Is this correct or an error? There is a separate FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY

entry higher up the list. 

FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY Orbx EU Scotland

28 minutes ago, caveney747 said:

Should I un-install everything and start again with Advanced Layering enabled?

No, no need to do that

I though it was an issue with the land class as confirmed by Nick

Now that you have advanced layering enabled I would uninstall OLC Europe and will re install ( it would be best to just verify files, but sometimes this doesn't work, at least for me, so I would reinstall the product) If you'd like to give it a try and test.

As per Nick's post it seems to me this is something Orbx is working on solving yet.

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Clive

Ok sorry, just saw in the site these regions don't require OLC EU

I think you won't need to uninstall everything as that requires a lot of time

why don't you just delete the scenery file and let P3D create a new one? then close your P3D and run Orbx Central for it to create an Orbx scenery?

Is a faster way...

Carlos

Hello Carlos

No, it didn't work- same problem. However I only re-installed Scotland and the 

peculiar entry I mentioned above was back in the scenery library even though

it is for England (ENG) which I haven't installed! This does not seem right to me - could

this be the problem and need investigating?

Can you think of anything else or should I just give up and return to FTX Central?

Cheers

Clive.

Good Morning Nick

I have done some more flying around and found that this problem only exists between

Inverness and approximately Dundee on the East coast. I also found some black patches

in that area. The rest of Scotland is absolutely fine. If this was a Land Class or layering

problem,  wouldn't it affect the whole of the Scotland area?

Would opting out of Fastlane, for a more stable Orbx Central during installation, help?

Regards

Clive.

Hi Clive

At the very start you said:

On 9/20/2019 at 10:03 AM, caveney747 said:

I haven't installed any other scenery that could be having an effect.

But now you said you have UK2000 Inverness Extreme Airport...

Any way there is no issue with it unless you have not ticked the compatibility with Orbx and left blank the I use a photo scenery...

TGkRlWE.jpg

There should not be issues but please check your configuration just to be sure this is not the reason

i2tK8IJ.jpg

mBfq76E.jpg

fj5nLMn.jpg

Just noticed this area below the plane was made too greyish while in real life has a nicer look but that's how it was made, it has no relation with the 3rd party add-on

snaf0FM.jpg

yYM3N89.jpg

Hope this helps somehow

Cheers

Carlos

Hi Carlos

Yes, sorry I forgot to mention Inverness Extreme Airport. However I have set the correct option

for FTX Scotland in the options and I have also tried disabling the add-on, but still have the problem.

I have since found other problems such as black patches and a large Concrete coloured square

over the centre of Loch Ness, so I am hoping this is all a symptom of Orbx Central that the development

team will eventually sort out.

Thanks very much for your continued efforts to try and sort this out for me, it is much appreciated!

Best regards

Clive.

Hi Carlos

I just looked more closely at the photos you took in the 737 and the yellow patches I have seem

to correlate exactly with areas showing Very dark green trees on your photos. For instance in your

3rd Photo the area directly under the tail of the plane, which you can see as a yellow patch in the

1st photo I posted above the windscreen wiper! I don't know if this is of any relevance or could point

to a problem?

Cheers

Clive

Hi Clive

I noticed what you said about the picture. It seems you have a deforestation issue. :wacko:

Have you tried to uninstall reinstall the trees?

As per the gray square yes I had it for long until yesterday. Trying to help you I remember that gray square and made a post about it and I was told about Nessie, so I did a research and found the fix

It seems it was a monster, Nessie :lol:

But for some reason the animation never worked for me only this gray square

Go to your ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_SCO_05_SCENERY\scenery and

01.- Remove: FTX_EU_SCO_VFRobjects_OBX.BGL or put it off

02.- Download the enclosed bgl and paste in this this same route

FTX_EU_SCO_VFRobjects_OBX_No_Nessie.bgl

They should look this way in your Scotland scenery folder should look like this:

CiFbkvs.jpg

Give it a try to reinstalling the trees and see if it works too.

Regards

Carlos

Archived