Hamilton Island in Aus V2

Light

Hi All  Would like to buy  Aus V2  but not really into big Cities. Can anyone out there tell me how Hamilton Island is  portrayed  in Version 2 and also other airports with critical approach criteria in Far North Queensland  NT  etc  etc Thanks

The Hamilton area is nicely done in my opinion, but right now it's plagued with the same weird black texture problem that has been reported in various threads. Hopefully Holger has a fix for this in the near future. I've been flying around New Zealand lately instead.

4 hours ago, patful said:

The Hamilton area is nicely done in my opinion, but right now it's plagued with the same weird black texture problem that has been reported in various threads. Hopefully Holger has a fix for this in the near future. I've been flying around New Zealand lately instead.

FSX or Prepar3d?

5 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Strange. I don't see any black textures at Hamilton Island.

I'm running P3D4.5. Odd black shapes and some water textures at S20 20.60 E148 57.13. They're not squares, seem to morph as you approach, as described in the various support threads. Just that one little area, the rest is fine. I don't have the problem in the western areas of Australia, just east (Cessnock is the worst for me). No scenery addons other than Aus 2, NZSI, NZNI, and HD Trees. New Zealand is fine. I verified files, all the usual suggestions, reinstalled P3D and Aus 2, same problems, same places. Flying the default Maule, Activesky on or off, doesn't matter. i5-7600k at 4.8, GTX1080, 32GB RAM.

1 hour ago, patful said:

I'm running P3D4.5. Odd black shapes and some water textures at S20 20.60 E148 57.13. They're not squares, seem to morph as you approach, as described in the various support threads. Just that one little area, the rest is fine. I don't have the problem in the western areas of Australia, just east (Cessnock is the worst for me).

I positioned my plane at those coordinates but I can't see any texture anomaly.

What I do see is the reported triangles at airports at certain heights.

Then I flew from Cessnock to Williamtown and also no texture problem there for me.

I also run P3D 4.5 with no extra add-ons in that area.

9 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

I positioned my plane at those coordinates but I can't see any texture anomaly.

What I do see is the reported triangles at airports at certain heights.

Then I flew from Cessnock to Williamtown and also no texture problem there for me.

I also run P3D 4.5 with no extra add-ons in that area.

Ouch. If it were my GPU or scenery.cfg, it would be everywhere. It looks identical to the screenies in the support threads, but if it's just me, I'm out of luck. No point in trying another reinstall. I guess I'll just uninstall it and stick with NZ.

8 minutes ago, bvdboomen said:

Are you running Aus V2 in a library via ORBX Central (not FTX Central)?

I'm still using the old fashioned way in the sim folder and didn't let ORBX Central migrate my scenery to libraries.

Yes, but the first time I installed it, I used FTX Central 3 and it went in the default location. No difference. I think I'm dragging this thread off topic a bit, don't want to upset Nick and company.

Archived