new central 4013 messed up layering in fsx

MotoDave

Spent 2 hours yesterday arranging my layers.  All layering messed up after installing central 4013. 

At first glance Orbx set itself up at the top of the insertion point.  After closing down and opening again, Orbx was layered properly but all of the work done previously to my layers was gone.  All user-made, user-added airports now appears to be layered incorrectly.  (all over the place alphabetically)

It also destroyed my colored bullets in my scenery configure program, completely destroyed them.

Operating system:  windows 7 64 bit

Simulator:  fsx

Screenshot:  

Issue:  layering all messed up

central.log

Hi!

Orbx Central will backup your scenery library before modifying it. The backup will be located at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.backup-orbx and you can rename it to scenery.cfg to restore your previous configuration.

Orbx Central shouldn't damage existing layering. Can you attach the backed up scenery.cfg so we can test it on our end?

58 minutes ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi!

Orbx Central will backup your scenery library before modifying it. The backup will be located at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.backup-orbx and you can rename it to scenery.cfg to restore your previous configuration.

Orbx Central shouldn't damage existing layering. Can you attach the backed up scenery.cfg so we can test it on our end?

Hello, Mitchell.  Please see my post above:  Orbx Central installs Orbx products upside down, in reverse alphabetical order.  Otherwise it leaves my non-Orbx stuff alone.  Any reason why this is so (backwards installation)?  Running P3D.

23 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Hello, Mitchell.  Please see my post above:  Orbx Central installs Orbx products upside down, in reverse alphabetical order.  Otherwise it leaves my non-Orbx stuff alone.  Any reason why this is so (backwards installation)?  Running P3D.

Please create a new topic a screenshot of your scenery library and we can discuss your layering further there.

1 hour ago, Mitchell Williamson said:

Please create a new topic a screenshot of your scenery library and we can discuss your layering further there.

Thanks for your reply.  Despite the reverse order of installation, it doesn't seem to have any drastic effects.  But of course it's strange Orbx Central would install the layers in this way.  I will post tomorrow (Pacific Time, 24 Sept) with some screen shots, however.

Stew

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

- Orbx Central is still reverting changes made within SceneryConfigEditor. 

- This installation did not allow "advanced layering" and entries seem to be where I put them last.

- Still could not download BoB with FTX Central 3,  and can not manipulate AusV2 with FTX Central 3.

- Orbx Central not displaying an older purchase, FTX Central 3 is displaying it, as it should. 

I don't know what to think if I'm forced to used Orbx Central for any future purchase.  I would hope those of us that prefer FTX Central could carry on normally.

Archived