Login Loop with Orbx Central

Palmerba

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home

Simulator:  P3D v4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Upon installing ORBX Central 4.0.13 (to download and install the recently purchased Honolulu scenery I bought this morning) ORBX Central starts as normal and then prompts me to login using my orbx account. I do so, and it asks me to confirm my simulator (it detects p3dv4) and I click that button. Then it takes me back to the login page and prompts me to login again creating an endless loop of login and simulator selections. My simulator is not on my C drive, instead it is on my other internal D drive. What's odd is that it appears to have logged me in correctly (my name is displayed on the left side of the screen) but I cannot access any of the menus on the left hand side of the application. 

I have confirmed that the application has an exception through my antivirus and that it is not being stopped by AVAST, also turned off real-time scanning from windows defender. I am a fastlane user on my ORBX account. I also confirmed that my internet is functioning without issues and downloads from other programs work as expected.

If I just let the program sit for about 10 minutes I receive the error "could not download and save the manifest"  

ORBX Error.JPG

ORBX Login Loop.JPG

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Palmerba

Your central.log file indicates that your PC is running Windows Release NT 6.2. This is extremely unusual and should only be possible for Windows 8. You can see the which Windows version corresponds to which release version here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions#Personal_computer_versions

Your log file has the Central downloader consistently failing to start. Can you confirm you have met the system requirements for https://orbx.to/central-guide. Ensure you also meet the Window 8 requirements specified.

If you meet this requirements and are still seeing issues can you perform the following steps:

- Press start and search for 'Event Viewer'. Launch this utility.

- On the left hand side of Event Viewer Click Windows Logs > Application

- Launch Orbx Central and try install a product.

- On the right hand side of 'Event Viewer' should be a refresh button.

- The list should refresh and you should see an error in the list with the source '.net' or the like.

- click on the this entry to display the error in the general box on the bottom of Event Viewer.

If you can let us know the error displayed in the Event viewer when trying to launch the Orbx Central downloader we can determine why it failing to start on your system.

18 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

The advice is to check and reset the time on your PC.

Please do that and try again.

Nick, I've seen you post this and resolve several posts.  My question is why?  Is it because the clocks at Orbx's servers and the PC has to be in sync?  I'm not being facetious, I really would like to understand this.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi Guys,

The reason this occurs is due to how authentication works. When a login is successful an authentication token is provided to the user. This token is attached to successive requests to the server so the it knows that this request came from a user that is logged in. This authentication token has an expiry time for security purposes. 

If the users system time doesn't match that of the server providing the token, the user may be sending a token that has already expired or vice versa.

Archived