Orbx Central 4 is off screen

fokker70

I have tried everything I can think of to move that the Orbx 4 app on to the main screen. I don't have a second monitor anymore and I am unable to move it. I have uninstalled it, run CC cleaner to try to clear any reg entries but still doesn't help as a new install puts it's back to off-screen!!!!!!!!!!!! Since the login page clearly isn't an app that windows recognizes to allow me to use the MOVE command I am stuck. any suggestions?

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @fokker70,

Orbx Central will remember the location of the window within the settings file. You can file the settings file at %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.json

If you feel confident modifying this file you can delete the entire block the starts with "window". It will look something like this:

"window": {
    "height": 901,
    "isMaximized": false,
    "width": 1520,
    "x": 576,
    "y": 138
  }

If you don't feel confident modifying this file you can delete the central.json file completely however this will reset all your settings.

Once you've performed either of the two above options you can relaunch Orbx Central and it should default to your primary monitor. Ensure you full restart Orbx Central in case it's running in your system tray.

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2019 at 8:34 PM, Josh Koz said:

Hi @fokker70,

Orbx Central will remember the location of the window within the settings file. You can file the settings file at %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.json

If you feel confident modifying this file you can delete the entire block the starts with "window". It will look something like this:

"window": {
    "height": 901,
    "isMaximized": false,
    "width": 1520,
    "x": 576,
    "y": 138
  }

If you don't feel confident modifying this file you can delete the central.json file completely however this will reset all your settings.

Once you've performed either of the two above options you can relaunch Orbx Central and it should default to your primary monitor. Ensure you full restart Orbx Central in case it's running in your system tray.

Am having this issue as well right now, and I have never seen other apps behave like this. Why is your application showing off screen, but not others, like the browser I am typing this message from? There seems to be a bug with your app that should be fixed, instead of having customers come to your forum in order to fix the app.

Archived