Scenery.cfg by Orbxentral

andiflyit

Hi all,

will Orbx please add a checkbox in the settings menu where one can choose if it writes a new scenery.cfg or not.

And than add another switch where one can write a new scenery.cfg manually. Same system as with the updates.

The reason is that I very often use a smaller scenery.cfg for a certain area which gives me very short loading times and so.

But Orbx Central of course overwrites this one. And if I don't remember that I opened Orbx Central before,

the simulator of course creates indexes for all of my sceneries. Don't need that.

Cheers

Andreas 

Operating system:  WIN 10 1903

Simulator:  P3dv 4.4, Aerofly FS2

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Scenery.cfg

Hello,

I don't think that the simple act of running Orbx Central does anything to the scenery.cfg file.

You need to do something yourself, such as add a product, set the Insertion Point or resynchronise the simulator.

All of those require that the scenery.cfg file is written to or there would be no point in running them in the first place. 

As you wish to manage your own scenery.cfg file, I would imagine that you must already be using a utility such as SimStarter

or the SCE, so you could easily restore your scenery.cfg file after doing any of the things described above?

Hi Nick,

as far as I know FTX Central "activates" the scenery in any case and to do so it overwrites the existing scenery.cfg.

Should be the same with Orbx Central. But I'll check this again next weekend.

I don't use SimStarter but I have a collection of different scenery.cfg somewhere and copy it over. Of course also a backup

of the big one created by Orbx Central. 

Cheers

Andreas

3 hours ago, andiflyit said:

as far as I know FTX Central "activates" the scenery in any case and to do so it overwrites the existing scenery.cfg.

Should be the same with Orbx Central. But I'll check this again next weekend.

As far as I can see, it is not the same as FTX Central in this respect, as I explained.

On 9/9/2019 at 8:26 AM, Nick Cooper said:

As far as I can see, it is not the same as FTX Central in this respect, as I explained.

And you are right, so this is much better now. Orbx Central does not do any overwriting during startup.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Andreas

Archived