Please, someone help me understand...

W2DR

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

...why it was necessary to make all of the backups made with FTXC3 now unusable. Like a lot of folks, I have backups of all my ORBX products. The combined size of all the backup files is 582 GB. I really hope the developers find a way to let us again use these backups..............Doug

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi Doug,

FTX Central 3 and Orbx Central both backup the compressed versions of the files that they download. FTX Central 3 uses a more complicated structure which takes longer to process, Orbx Central uses a more simple structure that allows for faster extraction. We didn't want to be restricted to the slower methods FTX Central 3 used and this allows Orbx Central to be as fast as it is.

We've investigated ways to allow FTX Central 3 backups to be used with Orbx Central, however these methods would be complicated and would require a large rework of the way Central performs installations. This is too costly for us to allocate resources towards at the moment, but it is something we may consider in the future when resources permit.

18 hours ago, W2DR said:

I just hope I never have to do another complete reinstall

This is what the add-on package system aims to resolve. Although it's not fully there yet - we're working with LM to get this fully resolved. For most airports and regions it should work fine.

I've reinstalled my sim a few times in recent weeks to test various issues. Getting all the Orbx products installed has taken less than 10 seconds every time (just re-select the external library location and OC will re-connect it to your simulator).

Archived