Multiple ORBX Weather files and other issues with Central

galeair

I was an early adopter of the new ORBX Central system and migrated all my files to a new directory on a different hard drive, before your guidance was issued.  I have a number of issues.

1) I understand that ORBX Global should have remained in the ORBX folder within P3d. How do I achieve that and return ORBX Global to its correct location, as its not possible to uninstall it using ORBX Central.

2) I now have six versions of each of the ORBX weather themes showing in the P3D World weather directory. Each one has the same title ie ORBX Weather 1, etc. How do I delete these additional duplicate weather themes, and do they indicate further duplicate scenery files or other issues?

3) Most of the scenery showing in my P3D Scenery Library now has a grey box around the tick, and seems to be locked now. This includes non ORBX, Aerosoft scenery that I  installed previously.  How can I unlock this scenery now?

Many thanks in anticipation .

Hello,

1. as it is not possible to uninstall Global Base, unless you have reinstalled P3D v4, the files will still be there.

2.  answered by Tym

3. the scenery is not locked but is instead in the P3D add-ons menu where you can do no more than disable and enable it

unless you have a third party utility.

This is progress as defined by Lockheed Martin.

Guest Josh Koz

Just to follow this up we've internally outlined all the steps required to fix the duplicate weather files. It will require rebuilding each of the regions that include the duplicate weather theme and putting together some custom behaviour to retroactively remove the weather theme files from regions that users have already installed via verify files. We're hoping to have every region with duplicate weather rebuilt within the next two weeks.

Thank you for the advice and assistance.

It would be useful to be able to uninstall ORBX Global Base, or be able to migrate it back to the correct folder, although it seems to be working alright in the folder I originally migrated it to.

I have tried to delete the additional weather files manually as suggested, but I seem to have missed one or two. Happy to wait until this is rectified automatically.

As regards the locked scenery entries in the P3D World Scenery Library. If this is a P3D change then I will take it up on their forum. I only noticed that the scenery entries were locked after installing the new ORBX central and assumed it was an ORBX issue. I don't understand Nick's comment that the scenery can be uninstalled in the P3D Add-ons menu, as I can't find any way to uninstall or reinstall any of my scenery entries.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing you at Cosford.

Many thanks.

Paul

8 minutes ago, galeair said:

I don't understand Nick's comment that the scenery can be uninstalled in the P3D Add-ons menu, as I can't find any way to uninstall or reinstall any of my scenery entries.

Hello,

you can enable and disable any scenery in the in-game drop down Options menu\Add-ons menu by ticking or unticking its add-ons menu item,

just as you can in the in-game scenery library.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for that information. I didn't realise that option was available, you font of all knowledge....

I have just spotted another problem.

If I install EU Scotland I can see large black areas all over the Scottish scenery.

I have tried verifying the Scottish files, with no improvement.

If I uninstall Scotland they go away. If I reinstall Scotland they come back.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Paul

Archived