Orbx Central not Indicating TE WA as being installed

fltsimguy

Operating system:  Win7Pro

Simulator:  XP11.35

Screenshot:  

Issue:

I installed TE WA, into the normal place Custom Scenery

I then moved the three folders and contents to my Ortho drive.

I did not change the names.

I made a shortcut to each of the three folders.

Works just fine in the sim but when I launch Orbx Central, it shows product owned but not installed. But of course it is, which means the shortcuts are not being seen as if the scenery is installed.

Both the shortcut and the folder names are exactly the same as the original install as below.

Orbx_A_US_Washington_TE_Custom

Orbx_B_US_Washington_TE_Overlay

Orbx_C_US_Washington_TE_Orthos

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi Bryan, why did you make shortcuts.  All you have to do is go to Central and tell it where the library is located.  Well, that is unless you have multiple locations for scenery?  Did you also go to Help and tell it to "Sync Simulator?"

I have two HDs with my scenery's...and most of my sceneries are not Orbx, and I have a system to store, find, retrieve, delete...all linked to an excel spreadsheet so I know what scenery is installed, where its installed, where the original or backup is located, what version is currently installed etc....and Orbx Central comes along and just "assumes" that it can put stuff into my system...which does not fit.

I actually have not read up on nor touched sync simulator...perhaps I should look at that.

Hello Bryan,

probably the "problem" is because Orbx Central does not create or see shortcuts.

It creates and sees links.

Orbx Central can create as many libraries as you want, one for each scenery product if you wish.

You can also name these folder in any way that you wish and place them anywhere you wish to.

If you set all that up with Orbx Central you should have no trouble integrating it into your bespoke system.

What will not work is manually moving files from where they were placed by Orbx Central, as you are finding.

OK Nick...I'll have to play around with this (tomorrow because its midnight here) and see what I can do and see what the scope of this "system" is.

Any chance Orbx could change the name to something other than libraries....as with most sims, libraries are anything from signal to multiple objects libraries....perhaps just call them "sceneries". I don't know just wondering why libraries.

Bryan

Hello Bryan,

libraries are places to store data.

You can give them any name at all to make them easily recognisable to you.

The file name and the name you see in Orbx Central are entirely separate and

so can both be freely chosen by the customer.

2.jpg

Hi Nick, I have a question about what you posted.

I'm sunning out of room on a SSD so I want to put only the XP stuff on the XP external drive.

So I created a folder called K:\XP Library Jack and dragged and dropped only the files from the E:\Orbx Library, leaving the P3D stuff in it.

Then I went to Central, created a new Library and pointed Central at it.  But it's taking seemingly forever to do its job, nope, still spinning circle.  Is this normal?  It's been 40 minutes.

Next question is can I delete all the files related to XP in the E:\Orbx Library?

And I guess Central only sees Library and doesn't differentiate between XP and P3D because that one library, E:\Orbx Library contains all the P3D stuff.

Screenshots:

New XP only library

LNwkuiv.png

Location of original Libraries:

Ih7UEMD.png

I can delete all these now right?

tszvj5h.png

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Nick, that worked!  I wonder why this is.  But now I have almost 500 GB on another drive.

Jack I had what might be a similar experience, that darn thing basically reinstalled my TE WA while doing the update, so now I have a complete version on my ortho drive and directly in the sim...double install.

I am dealing with real world stuff right now, but hope to see if I can get this blasted "libraries" thingee to work for me.

4 minutes ago, fltsimguy said:

Jack I had what might be a similar experience, that darn thing basically reinstalled my TE WA while doing the update, so now I have a complete version on my ortho drive and directly in the sim...double install.

I am dealing with real world stuff right now, but hope to see if I can get this blasted "libraries" thingee to work for me.

It works perfectly for me.  I tested all my XP airports and they’re fine.

I wonder why it would install TE? 

Archived