Clean FSX-SE with Orbx Central 4.0.10

Airwolf

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro

Simulator:  Windows 10 Pro 1809

Screenshot:  See Below

Issue:  Global library order

Hi,

Here is my central log.  Newest release of Central 4.0.10 was installed on a clean system with FSX-SE only installed.  i am still seeing a same issue that I have always had from FTX Central 3 days.  Orbx Base is always above OpenLC_Europe1 and NAMERICA1 scenery layers.  Right now I have only installed Global.  Though the same case persists if I install Openlc EU / NA.

In the past I used a updated text file that Nick Cooper gave me a while back.  It is a simple text file with Openlc_zBase <<<---- emphasis on the letter 'z" as that makes the global layer go below openlc insertion points.  Right now, I do not see on how I can update the scenery order config with Orbx Central global install logic.  I am just highlighting the potential bug.  

I am seeing that in my other screenshots posted by other members that their openlc enteries are below BASE.

Attached is log and screenshot.  Hope this data helps.  You guys are on a roll with so many things happening on Orbx Front.  Thank you.

Update:  Now lets say, I change the order of the global base scenery order and bring it down below Europe1 and NAmerica1.  It stays that way once scenery.cfg is saved.  It remains intact even if open/quit the Central app.  

If I click on Sync Simulator on Central 4 - that option reverts the scenery order back to the way it was - base is above the openlc enteries.  Weird!!!

scenery_fsx.png

central.log

12 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Thanks, it looks like if the product is installed with Orbx Central, the files are now .json files and stored in

ORBX\Config. You should be able to edit them with Norepad.

Hi,

This is what the json file - global-base-config.json has

{
    "entries": [
      {
        "name": "ORBX!OPENLC_BASE",
        "path": "ORBX\\FTX_OLC\\OLC_AA",
        "type": "User",
        "point": "OLC"
      },
      {
        "name": "ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1",
        "path": "ORBX\\FTX_OLC\\OLC_EU1",
      },
      {
        "name": "ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1",
        "path": "ORBX\\FTX_OLC\\OLC_NA1",
      }
    ]
  }

So I did change the order as it is listed.  So the file on your end should have Europe 1 Namerica 1 and Base in the following order

{
    "entries": [
      {
        "name": "ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1",
        "path": "ORBX\\FTX_OLC\\OLC_EU1",
      },
      {
        "name": "ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1",
        "path": "ORBX\\FTX_OLC\\OLC_NA1",
      },
      {
        "name": "ORBX!OPENLC_BASE",
        "path": "ORBX\\FTX_OLC\\OLC_AA",
      }
    ]
  }

And that did not work

(FIX) 

Then I just changed ORBX!OPENLC_BASE to ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE ---- added the letter z

And Viola it worked when I clicked on Sync Simulator in Central.

Maybe you guys should make that as a default option in Central logic, that way everyone's Global base is listed below all other Orbx openc lc etc files

As usual Nick - I am very grateful for your help.  You always point me in the right direction, and then I am able to figure it out.  When I am in England next time, Beers are on me!!!

Hi!

The Orbx Central Global Base build inherits the openlc_lib_base.txt settings from FTX Central 3, which used OPENLC_BASE as the title. The openLC products inherit their own openlc_lib_base.txt settings which used OPENLC_zBASE.

If you installed openLC after installing Global Base in FTX Central 3, you would've seen OPENLC_BASE instead of OPENLC_zBASE. If you installed Global Base after openLC, you would've seen it the other way around. As Orbx Central uses different configuration files, this conflict is only visible clearly now.

I'm not sure what the ramifications of this are, but I'm having this checked internally to see if this may cause issues.

Archived