TE Washington KSEA Problem

JohnJJr

Absolutely loving TE Washington it's quite stunning, but I'm seeing a problem as I come in to land on 34L. You'll notice the landscape drops off with the autogen  jetting out sideways. The  photo scenery  isn't matching up with the autogen. Seems their at right angles to one another. Also I'm not seeing any textures under the trees around the perimeter of the airport and in their small reservoir. Just dark spots. I don't have any idea what's causing this. I'm not running any other mesh but the KSEA demo area is above your mesh ( see scenery packs.ini ). I thought it would be helpful to bring this to your attention. Any ideas?

Bell 407 - 2019-08-19 19.46.59.png

scenery_packs.ini

@Tony Wroblewski I can replicate the situation as per my pic below. I first thought it maybe something to do with Runways follow terrain, but the pic shows the same effects with that option either enabled or disabled. Unsure also if the affected scenery area is part of TE Washington or within the KSEA Demo. I then disabled KSEA Demo and the 2nd pic shows the effect is still there. So I have to assume it is a possibly a mesh anomaly within TE Washington.

Please advise.

1.thumb.JPG.6a2040d28b00b4d729c8456589c96aa7.JPG

With KSEA Demo disabled:

1033377497_Withoutdemo.thumb.JPG.63fe0f80a5a7071ae9a77c151fc013bf.JPG

KSEA is problematic because all publicly available DEM and LiDAR data for the airport doesn't include recent extensions or building work at KSEA, so they all produced what can only be described as a bumpy building site when no flattening was used. This is the same problem you'll also get using Ortho4XP and why Drzwiecki Design likely also flattened their airport as well.

This issue is caused by a built-in smoothing on the mesh over KSEA that inevitably is producing a slope at one end, and is the best of worst situation. I'm waiting hopefully on some updated LiDAR data for the region which is due this year that should hopefully represent the terrain on the airport and surroundings better

Archived