OpenLC entries (scenery.cfg) above FTX Regions (.xml)

Beldwick

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  Prepar3D V4.5 + Hotfix

Issue:  

I have a problem with mismatched textures after configuration using ORBX Central.

Today, while flying from Kraków (EPKK) to Birmingham (EGBB), I have noticed strange looking textures over Northern Germany (screenshot). Moreover, textures were very blurry. There was no problem over Netherlands and Poland, but it was present also over England.

I assume, the problem is that OpenLC entries are above FTX Regions. I tried to change it using ORBX Central, but I did not succeed. I tried different insertion points and none of them produced satisfactory results. I tend not to use any additional tool to organize sceneries, thus I ask you or help how to deal with the issue. I attach ORBX Central log as well.

P.S.

As insertion points, I specified Airports and Regions to be below my last scenery entry, and openLC just below Airports and Regions. It did not work.

Best regards

Marek Mysior

image.png

image.png

2019-8-19_19-20-24-272.jpg

central.log

On 8/23/2019 at 2:57 AM, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Marek,

Thank you for your log file and the scenery library screenshots. I believe I've found the potential cause of this layering issue within Central and I'll be investigating this further today.

@Mitchell Williamson, could You please provide some update on this subject? I am still experiencing the very same issue since ORBX Central v1.06, v1.10 did not help. Every time I install scenery using ORBX Central, FTX Regions are placed below OpenLC regions. I have found out, that the reason is wrong layer number in .xml files for FTX Regions, which I edit manually each time the order is messed.

Looks like Base is always installed above.  I can assume that this could be related to library renaming (from my previous thread). - having the .json file pointing to zBase instead of Base.  Thank You Orbx team for noting this issue.  

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

hello,

that all looks to be as the team intended.

Sync simulator checks and replaces or modifies the configuration files and file links as necessary.

Please see my first post, scenery order presented there makes mixed textures, so I think it should not be this way. Moving all FTX entries above openLC fixes the issue.

11 hours ago, Airwolf said:

Looks like Base is always installed above.  I can assume that this could be related to library renaming (from my previous thread). - having the .json file pointing to zBase instead of Base.  Thank You Orbx team for noting this issue.  

Could You please give a link to the solution? 

As I mentioned, workaround for me is to manually change layers in .xml files within ORBX library. Each time ORBX resynchronizes things.

Hello Beldwick,

I am disinclined to quote a post when replying to it, when that post is immediately above my post.

My reply is to that post and not to yours but I have now edited it to make that more clear.

There are other topics relating to scenery library ordering and the developers have already replied

to some of them promising big changes to the way that this is done.

In the light of this, perhaps you will be prepared to wait until the next update of Orbx Central?

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Beldwick,

I am disinclined to quote a post when replying to it, when that post is immediately above my post.

My reply is to that post and not to yours but I have now edited it to make that more clear.

There are other topics relating to scenery library ordering and the developers have already replied

to some of them promising big changes to the way that this is done.

In the light of this, perhaps you will be prepared to wait until the next update of Orbx Central?

Thank You very much for the reply. Of course, I will wait for the update and see what it brings. As I mentioned, I have a work around for now, so I can enjoy flying without issues. 

Best regards

Marek Mysior

@Nick Cooper, I have found an additional issue with GEN. I am not sure if anyone posted this before. 

That is how it looks like around Berlin Tegel (only POI's visible, no regular buildings and trees).

image.thumb.png.6b2ed58c8e5137e067505ca3a911907f.png

Disabling FTX Germany North (I installed it as .xml) fixes the issue. This wasn't happening before migrating.

image.thumb.png.c9bfa8b20d4c8d26d12d99379f6a6753.png

FIles for FTX Germany North were verified.

Archived