Updated Central 4.06 - crashing my system

dcongram

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 pro

Simulator:  Prepar3d

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Ben Mclintock posted a message saying "We're Listening"......and there is a new release of Central 4.06.

Nothing has changed in my Prepa3d v4. .....Except it has CRASHED while loading, and while sitting on a runway.

My ORBX files are now ALL on TOP of the SCENERY LIBRARY   (clicking BELOW -Africa - it says "okey dokey, we've set your insertion point" - but it's not happening)

It's a CLEAN install of P3d V4, and Win 10 Pro.  NO add-ons.  (I'm not even typing this message from the P3d computer)

What do you think Ben ?  Where do we go from here ?

Hi

Are you able to please open Orbx Central and navigate to settings\help and then click on the blue log file button and post the log?

Did you use Orbx Central to migrate any of your existing products?

Did you leave FTXC3 installed?

Could you also please post a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Oh, if you could also please post a copy of the add-ons.cfg from the same location as above.

None of the above is available.

As I said.........ORBX Central 4.06 caused Prepar3d V4 to CRASH.  (it was a clean install of Win 10 & P3d.  NO other software, except Antivirus on the computer)

Since ORBX CENTRAL v4.06 CRASHED my P3d......another  re-installation was required.  So there are zero records available

What is FTXC3 ?

NO I do not have the old version of anything.  it's been a couple years since I was 'able' to even look at my Sim Computer.

So I have NOTHING.    It's a complete reformat with Windows 10 pro and Prepar3d v4  (64 bit)

PS:To make things easier all round, and save time (emailing back and forth) - could you use the FULL name rather than an acronym ?  (thank you)

Since I am UNABLE to do anything with my ORBX.....and you asked if I had "FTXCentral 3"   

I took your 'FTXC3' as a hint...........and spent (wasted) some hours on the internet, and found a copy of FTXCentral3.exe (and downloaded)

So  while we wait for you to talk to ORBX, and them respond to you, and you respond to me with another question - (getting NO closer to any resolution)

I am trying / testing installation of ORBX with FTXCentral3.   

Are you (or ORBX) any closer to finding out why this CRASHES my Prepar3d V4 ?

Hello,

you seem to have removed what you perceive to be the cause of the failure of your copy of P3D v4.

When you have completed your installation of your Orbx products, please let us know if your use of

FTX Central has restored your ability to load and use your simulator.

On 8/20/2019 at 2:30 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you seem to have removed what you perceive to be the cause of the failure of your copy of P3D v4.

When you have completed your installation of your Orbx products, please let us know if your use of

How interesting that you say "failure of your copy of P3d V4".

My P3d v4 did NOT fail.  It was working just fine until FTX CENTRAL 4.06 was installed.

MY copy of P3D V4 worked again  when I REMOVED FTX CENTRAL 4.06.

I wouldn't waste ORBX time if MY COPY of Prepar3d v4 was at fault.

Hi Nick I have an issue with it also, I start up orbx central clicked global range on the left to install my library,  then gave me the login page. So I log in, defined my simulator, P3dV4, it brought me to the home page then I click Global Range to install my library  again then it takes me to the login page again. Keeps happening every time I click on the menu items on the left, settings, my name, etc...  It keeps bringing me to the login page. Would appreciate any way to fix this

Thank You

Ed Pajarito

Hi @dcongram

Unfortunately we are not able to diagnose any issues if no logs are provided. The only way that we can help you through this is for you to install Orbx Central, then if you do experience any further issues, attach a copy of your central.log file which can be found in the locations below:

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

As far as I am aware, we have not heard any other reports of this issue, which is why this log file is required to provide any further support.

@EddiePaj this has been a common issue where the users system time is slightly out of sync. Please can you try the following:

1. Right click your date/time in the bottom right (on Windows)
  2. Ensure 'Set the time automatically' and 'Set the time zone automatically' are checked
  3. Under 'Synchronise your clock', click 'Sync now'
  4. Restart Orbx Central and attempt to log in

If this does not help, please create a new topic with any feedback and we will try to provide further assistance.

Thanks,

Luke

On 8/21/2019 at 3:25 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

your constantly combative posts are not necessary.

Is your installation of P3D v4 with Orbx products installed with FTX Central now working?

How interesting that you called me 'combative' over YOU blaming my software of computer or me FIRST

It's an ORBX issue, and I answered you.   You didn't try and help.  Didn't make any suggestions.   

Did you even read the first posts ?  I did explain the situation.

I see you're an admin.....so we can't complain about your attitude.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:05 AM, Luke Gorman said:

Hi @dcongram

Unfortunately we are not able to diagnose any issues if no logs are provided. The only way that we can help you through this is for you to install Orbx Central, then if you do experience any further issues, attach a copy of your central.log file which can be found in the locations below:

As far as I am aware, we have not heard any other reports of this issue, which is why this log file is required to provide any further support.

@EddiePaj this has been a common issue where the users system time is slightly out of sync. Please can you try the following:

1. Right click your date/time in the bottom right (on Windows)
  2. Ensure 'Set the time automatically' and 'Set the time zone automatically' are checked
  3. Under 'Synchronise your clock', click 'Sync now'
  4. Restart Orbx Central and attempt to log in

If this does not help, please create a new topic with any feedback and we will try to provide further assistance.

Thanks,

Luke

Luke:

(Apparently I'm combative .... sorry if you feel that from me)  

Because of the residue (widows and orphans) I re-formatted the drive(s) of the computer in question.  Ergo no logs.

It's extremely difficult to remove everything from the registry (as you well know), and one bad setting can carry over ad-infinitum

So.......to ensure clean, clean, clean installations - I reformatted.     My Prepar3d v4 is working - but I don't have any ORBX installed yet.

Is there any difficulty reverting to FTXCENTRAL V3 ?   I presume it's the same software from ORBX, just an different interface for delivery.

Other than  missing the Lancair aircraft, is there any reason I can't continue to use it ?

Regards

8 hours ago, dcongram said:

How interesting that you called me 'combative' over YOU blaming my software of computer or me FIRST

It's an ORBX issue, and I answered you.   You didn't try and help.  Didn't make any suggestions.  

Did you even read the first posts ?  I did explain the situation.

I see you're an admin.....so we can't complain about your attitude.

Hello dcongram,

You complained that

ORBX CENTRAL v4.06 CRASHED my P3d......another  re-installation was required.

later you wrote

I am trying / testing installation of ORBX with FTXCentral3

so I wrote

you then wrote

How interesting that you say "failure of your copy of P3d V4".

My P3d v4 did NOT fail.  It was working just fine until FTX CENTRAL 4.06 was installed.

MY copy of P3D V4 worked again  when I REMOVED FTX CENTRAL 4.06.

I wouldn't waste ORBX time if MY COPY of Prepar3d v4 was at fault.

My statement does not imply that there was a fault in P3D, it simply states that P3D failed to work.

I then wrote

your constantly combative posts are not necessary.

Is your installation of P3D v4 with Orbx products installed with FTX Central now working?

You then have a change of tone when replying to Luke, who has told you that without Orbx central logs, we cannot help you with it.

My Prepar3d v4 is working - but I don't have any ORBX installed yet.

At this point, to answer your question to Luke, you can indeed install your products into P3D v4 using FTX Central.

FTX Central has restored your ability to load and use your simulator and your Orbx products.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow....you need to STOP being so argumentative.    You're supposed to support those of us who PAID for ORBx products - not blame the customer for ORBX issues.

In an effort to troubleshoot ORBX problem  .... I have done the following:

1. New Video card (not required by any means, but I felt it might help me)

2. Re-formatted with Windows 10 pro.

3. Re loaded Prepar3d v4

4. Loaded Flight Simulator x (as a control point)

5. Loaded the latest 'Orbx Central'

The results have been interesting.

Prepar3d on first load up only took a few seconds, and worked fine (64 bit)

**Able to change any entry or setting without difficulty**

Flight Simulator X on first load up took a few more seconds (32 bit) and worked fine

Used Orbx Central v 4x to load BOTH sims with Global Base / HD Buildings / HD Trees / Vector  (I didn't bother with anything more for testing purposes)

Now Prepar3d takes 5 minutes to load.

Flight Simulator X takes only 2 minutes to load.

When Prepar3d does eventually load.....the ORBX entries are divided at 'asia' and 'australia'.  There are also extra entries e:\orbx libraries\BUILDINGS etc between 'numbered' P3d layers.

I have not located the ORBX scenery.cfg showing the entry points ... yet.

Flight Simulator x entries are correct.  

**When making ANY change to any scenery in Prepar3d ..... it CRASHES to desktop every time**

Flight Simulator x change  any entries is okay.

As previously stated, my P3Dv4 works fine (and did work fine).....until adding ORBX. ORBX_FSX2019-9-10.BMP

interestingly, I took a screenshot of both FSx and P3d at the same airport, at the same time - and P3d trees are green, rather than Fall colours 

which indicates, that even though "HD Trees"  are installed, they do not appear to be  loading.

Please do not suggest I return to FS/x when I have P3d v4 

Orbx_P3D 2019-9-10.jpg

Archived