Using all cores i7-8700k

macca22au

Thanks Traveller:  I have been working with computers since using the UCLA computor in the 70s,  but IT experts have always seemed to do the hard work for me.  So your references were of enormous help.  I probably didn't quite comprehend the relationship between cores and threads in the Advanced AffMask calculation but the simple version has still made a huge difference.

My only concern now is that everything is really good, except for an occasional random flashing across the scene.  I notice in fact in an outside view that the screen actually goes momentarily blue and then immediately returns to full picture.  Does anyone have any idea what might be promoting this ... ie does the graphic card or graphic settings need some change?

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, macca22au said:

Does anyone have any idea what might be promoting this ... ie does the graphic card or graphic settings need some change?

Check the .exe in your prepar3d main folder (prepar3d.exe if I am not mistaken), right click on it, go to properties and verify that "disable fullscreen optimizations" is checked. At least in my case, this checkbox ticked eliminated all my screen flickering.

Archived